ASK ME!!

Why did the chicken cross the road?
lau.gif

Its no problem at all like i said im sorry i couldnt help you more i wish i could.  I hope your roo stays healthy! Please let me know if you do not mind what the outcome is

Roo has an appointment with our vet this Thursday. I will let you know how things go. :)

Hi, Does a full crop look like a large lump on the right side of a chickens breast?
I have 2 Buff Orps that look that way, always, and I'm not sure being new to chicken keeping.
My Iowa Blue looks that way only after eating watermelon. TY

I have three baby chicks - two are 4 weeks old and one is a week old. Last week I noticed one pooped blood, had no idea who it was, all very active, eating and drinking. I am on day five of giving them Corrid in their water. I don't see anymore blood. Are safe now?
I would say they are safe now but would keep them on a good medicated feed just to keep small doses in their system

we have 16 chicks 6weeks old we just purchased 15 week old chicks how do we introduce them to the older birds or how long should we wait before doing it.
I would put them in a container such as a dog kennel or something that the younger birds can see the older and vise versa so they can get the "talking" part out the way... the pecking is unavoidable its just gonna happen its part of a chickens life! My birds are introduced from day one no matter the age... typically speaking though most people wait till the younger birds are "tail feathered" to introduce cause usually at this age the birds are less vulnerable to be killed in or seriously wounded and can stand up for themselves better!

anyway... after you have let them talk it out a few days or about a week let the birds out together usually around dusk is a good time cause the older birds are more calm at this time of day, they starting to settle down for the night!

once they are introduced you will need to keep a close eye on them and make sure the older birds dont injure the younger, pecking is NORMAL but the problems begin if the older birds draw blood on the younger bird... when the other birds see a bird is bleeding they most of the time will kill it by pecking it to death. Im not trying to scare you or anything just trying to let you know what to expect and the worst that can come from it! keep in mind that i introduce mine at a real early age so as long as you keep a good eye on them for a few days things should go well, it usually takes about a week for the birds to get familiar with each other!

I hope I helped you if not and you would like more info please ask me more questions

Are you familiar with the Rhode Island White breed? I have some from two different hatcheries and they are beautiful birds, very gentle and probably the most docile chickens I have ever had. I got them as I plan on breeding them with a standard Rhode Island Red rooster in order to get some Gold Sex Links, better know as Golden Comets or Cinnamon Queens. I just hope they lay as well as a standard RIR also.

The breed seems rather unusual as few people I've spoken to have ever heard of them, have you had any experience with them?

Back
Top Bottom