At what age can you tell the sex?

Even chicks of the exact same age and breed can mature at different rates. Give this bunch a couple more weeks and it may be easier to pick out any roo's. At this age, unless a bird is a sex link, most of the time it's all just a guessing game.

I have 7 bjg chicks I thought I had 5 hens 2 roos now im guessing maybe 4 roos 3 hens hard to tell only 5 wks old I guess ill find out soon enough ...they are so pretty growing fast. cant wait to putm in there coop

I have 3 porcelain D'Uccle & 4 Dominique's / leghorn they are 5 weeks old. By the looks of all the posts I see I'm not the only one impatient about finding out the sex. I am guessing like me everyone wants to keep only one rooster and doesn't want to get attached to the ones that will have to be given away. At what age will I be able to tell for sure or we talking eggs and crowingVIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

I have 3 porcelain D'Uccle & 4 Dominique's / leghorn they are 5 weeks old. By the looks of all the posts I see I'm not the only one impatient about finding out the sex. I am guessing like me everyone wants to keep only one rooster and doesn't want to get attached to the ones that will have to be given away. At what age will I be able to tell for sure or we talking eggs and crowingVIDEO]

[/VIDEO]

I would go ahead and start your own thread so that your post isn't lost in the mix of this thread
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom