At wits end with biting chickens...

Dude, i would totally kick some chicken butt. I would grab her up and pin her to the ground (gently) making all kinds of noises like an old mad rooster that i am. My girls don't mess with pimp daddy. I am the taker of eggs, giver of grain, gate keeper of the run, protector from hawk, slayer of coon and will pimp slap any back talking bird in my coop and they know it. They love me.

How are you guys pecking them on the head?? They are way too quick for me. I'm lucky to even hit their backs. Also, my hands are usually full when Ginger takes her shot, the little clucker.

** Cue training montage of trying to peck a moving target with cat-like reflexes. **
Yep, ya gotta be quick.
Go in with nothing else in your hands....unless that's the only time they come after you.

Go in with nothing else in your hands....unless that's the only time they come after you.
That would be it. I did teach Ginger to go to her "box" when I need to change the water or place a cage cup, so that buys me about 5 seconds before she comes for your fingers. I have no clue what the typical chicken is like, but she's EXTREMELY food motivated compared to the others. She literally vibrates with excitement. If my hands are empty, she leaves me alone.

My playful pillow fighting with my dog turned out to be the start of police attack work training; she kept coming back at me! I wouldn't be surprised if Ginger thinks you're challenging her lol
That's Pepper, but you're absolutely right. She does not back down from a confrontation. So do you train police dogs? Or did her pillow fight behavior lead you to volunteer her for police work?

Back
Top Bottom