Auburn Javas?

I bought black java fertilized eggs and hatched out some chicks that had the auburn/brown feathers. My rooster has some lighter feathers on him but not fullblown auburn feathers. I have hatched eggs that he has sired and have yet to get a complete java chick... any comments would be appreciated???

25153_007.jpg

Last edited:
Dang it Sandie do you have to bet me to all the java threads!
tongue.gif

I have some Auburn Javas due to hatch soon.
I also have another dozen that should get here wed or thur.
I got mine from Lora on BYC she has some really nice birds.
I can't wait for them to hatch.
I'm already tracking down other lines that lay bigger eggs then a med.
Anyone that has any please let me know.

As to the blk roo I would breed him to one of the pullets or hens that hatched with the auburn color.
The more you line breed him to his off. Spring that carries the gene the more likely you will get the full auburn gene.
Best of luck with breeding for one!

I had 16 hatch and just lost 1 chick do to heat the other week.
I have a few chicks pictures on my website. I hope to move some older chicks around to move them into a bigger grow out pen. When I do I will be taking more pictures as long as they work with me on that.
Might have to throw out some wild bird seed to get a group picture.
Thanks for asking. Has been crazy here!
Got lucky today and got off early.
ya.gif

So rushing home to try to move birds around and clean for my sons b-day party.
Will try to get some pictures on here tonight for everyone.
I just love this breed and the color is outstanding!
love.gif

They are keepers for sure!

Beautiful birds!!! I have 4 Auburn Javas, 10 weeks old. Just love their personalities, very sweet. The little roo and one pullet will color up nicely, the other two pullets are more dark feathering. I am debating as to whether to put those two girls in the layer group when they mature or breed with the roo and fix the color. I have a few months to ponder this and any advice is more than welcome.

Back
Top Bottom