Auction: 10+ PUREBRED BLACK COPPER & BLUE COPPER MARANS Hatching Eggs

Ihilani Coffee

Songster
6 Years
Please Read Entire Listing Before Bidding.

Auction ends Wednesday April 2 at 9:00 AM PDT. Super prompt payment means your eggs can ship out on the same day! This auction is for 10+ Purebred Marans hatching eggs INCLUDING SHIPPING. Extras will be sent as available at no extra charge. All my breeder chickens are in separate pens and these will be purebred Marans chickens of different varieties. Some will be Black Copper Marans, Blue Copper Marans and possibly Blue Splash Marans from the Blue Copper Marans pairing. This is a mixture of eggs from each variety that is laying at the time this auction ends. All are beautiful PUREBRED Rare Breed chickens of good breeding lines. All will be labeled as to which breed (BCM or Blue Copper). If you are looking for a beautiful flock of good Marans type and colors, this is the auction to bid on. This auction is for those who are looking for a flock of different color feathered chickens that also lay the beautiful dark Marans eggs.

The photos are from actual birds in my breeder flock. All breeder birds have correct shank and outer toe feathering. The egg photo shows my Marans eggs with a Rhode Island Red egg for color comparison. Egg colors are notoriously difficult to photograph with any type of consistency. I am not a professional photographer and these photos are taken with my Samsung phone.

Hatching eggs are very time sensitive. Please make payment within 12 hours. PayPal only. If you can not take delivery of your purchase immediately, please wait until the next auction to bid. I only ship to the contiguous lower 48 United States. We are on the West Coast and you can estimate your in-transit time accordingly. Eggs will be shipped as soon as possible after payment is received and most will arrive in 1, 2, or 3 days according to Priority Mail standards. We ship only the freshest eggs available. These are Large to Extra Large size eggs.

I feed all my birds 18-19% protein feed with supplement of fresh barley fodder and homegrown redworms (aloharedworms.com) for additional protein. We also use pre- and probiotics in the water at least weekly. Our natural feeding formula makes for very fertile, healthy hatching eggs. It also makes the feathers richly colored, bright and very shiny. Each healthy, beautiful breeding flock has its own large outdoor yard for access to foraging, sunshine, and fresh air and we do not crowd or cage our birds.

I ship fresh, fertile, unwashed hatching eggs in USPS PRIORITY MAIL boxes individually bubble-wrapped and then packed tightly so the eggs don't shift around in the box. So far all shipped eggs have arrived intact, even 2500 miles away, with hatching rates as high as 85+% to Florida from Oregon. Shipping is included in this auction starting at $30 and includes the actual cost of packing materials, gas to the post office, and USPS fee. Since we live way out in the country, we do not let the postal carrier bounce our eggs around in the truck all day but drive them directly to the post office so they get on the way faster with less bumping around. In most cases USPS fee alone will cost us around $16 but we want to be fair and help keep your costs down.

The ratio of males to females in these pens is one male to 3 or 4 females and fertility has been 100% with every egg we have checked. We have over 90% hatch rate here. However, I can not guarantee your hatch rate due to postal handling, incubating methods and mishandling that is out of my control. Please be aware that shipped eggs can be a risk since so much can happen to them once they leave our farm.

When your eggs arrive, please allow them to sit at room temperature for 24 hours, in a carton with the big end up. This will let the air cell settle from the trip to your house. This will greatly increase your hatch rate. Many breeders suggest not turning the eggs for the first 48 hours of incubation, as well as hatching them in the upright position. Please do your own research. We pack our eggs the best we can.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am happy to help if I can.

Back
Top Bottom