Meyer Hatchery: A Raise A long (Black & Blue Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Easter Egger and Olive Eggers Galore)

Will try and post updates this week i missed their four week but will get in their five weeks. Most of their down feathers are gone besides the ameracauna who has a bunch of funny looking pin feathers all about lol.

Really impressed so far w/ Meyer's so far with quality of all the breeds I got.

Happy Friyay! Chicken spam pics approximately 5 1/2 weeks.

It's a chilly day in upstate but they are loving the coop and the freedom to roost on bars as needed. They still sit in a ball together at night.

Some of my favorites so far are the golden cuckoo marans + black coppers. Best personality and love being held/chill for the most part. The BCM's are getting their gold feathering in as well.

I still am trying to figure out what the little grey lady is with the little bit of a poofy hat maybe a cream legbar mixed w/ some sort of EE, I'm assuming it's an olive egger mix possibly?

Attachments

• 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    311 KB · Views: 17
  • 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    675.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    870.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 94.jpg
    94.jpg
    451.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 93.jpg
    93.jpg
    575.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 92.jpg
    92.jpg
    556.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 91.jpg
    91.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 12

It's a chilly day in upstate but they are loving the coop and the freedom to roost on bars as needed. They still sit in a ball together at night.

Some of my favorites so far are the golden cuckoo marans + black coppers. Best personality and love being held/chill for the most part. The BCM's are getting their gold feathering in as well.

I still am trying to figure out what the little grey lady is with the little bit of a poofy hat maybe a cream legbar mixed w/ some sort of EE, I'm assuming it's an olive egger mix possibly?
I’m thinking olive egger or olive egger mix. Definetly crested cream in there .

We got close to 7 inches of snow last night and it's turned to slush with icy rain today, but chickens are all doing well! The easter eggers are the personalities and the rooster which is a BCM is a big baby lol. This is almost 8 weeks :).

Attachments

• C55.jpg
    C55.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 8
  • C54.jpg
    C54.jpg
    417.6 KB · Views: 8
  • C56.jpg
    C56.jpg
    416.4 KB · Views: 13

I still am trying to figure out what the little grey lady is with the little bit of a poofy hat maybe a cream legbar mixed w/ some sort of EE, I'

Thank you! They are very ready to get out of the coop but it's been so cold out and I haven't been able to build the run out just yet. Hoping for warmer weather next week to at least let them get some grass and hang outside a bit.
I bought 3 BCM from a Meyers on March 25th, one seems to have a lot of white on the chest…. Hoping that gets pruned out when new feathers come in but I’m curious what did your BCMs look like at 3 weeks and what do they look like now?
The one pullet standing on the Home Depot bucket all alone is a cuckoo marans right? Any help is appreciated thank you
Here is the sus BCM…. Supposed to be a pullet…. Can BCM have a beak that’s not all black and still meet SOP?

I have 3 additional BCM from a private breeder that are a year old and I don’t remember them having so much white. Here is my BCM roo Harry, just for fun

Attachments

• IMG_5202.jpeg
    IMG_5202.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_5207.jpeg
    IMG_5207.jpeg
    293.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4379.jpeg
    IMG_4379.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4813.jpeg
    IMG_4813.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5208.jpeg
    IMG_5208.jpeg
    369.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I bought 3 BCM from a Meyers on March 25th, one seems to have a lot of white on the chest…. Hoping that gets pruned out when new feathers come in but I’m curious what did your BCMs look like at 3 weeks and what do they look like now?
The one pullet standing on the Home Depot bucket all alone is a cuckoo marans right? Any help is appreciated thank you
Here is the sus BCM…. Supposed to be a pullet…. Can BCM have a beak that’s not all black and still meet SOP?

I have 3 additional BCM from a private breeder that are a year old and I don’t remember them having so much white. Here is my BCM roo Harry, just for fun
Not sure if I've posted this link here but there's a active Marans thread if you'd like to get some feedback on yours...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-thread-breeding-to-the-sop.1122465/page-2384

Back
Top Bottom