August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

Hatch is complete. Total of a baker's dozen out of 18 eggs that made it to lock-down. Makes for a 72% hatch rate of eggs in lock-down. An okay result for the first hatch with the new Rite Farm 3600 Incubator. Hatch rate may have also been affected by the hot temps and handling from farm to storage to incubator. All in all, pleased with the results since we did this cross for pullets and looks like we have four or five.

Now for the pics, FUZZIES
jumpy.gif
ya.gif

Congrats to all that had hatches this month. Enjoy yer birds!
clap.gif
Cute little fluffies!! Yay!

I actually hope one is a cockerel so I can breed him to my wheatens and get some blue wheatens :) I think the original creator used a blue splash over wheaten. I have a wheaten cockerel now but if I get a splash one he'll likely be rehomed to someone who wants make olive eggers.
. Well if you aren't successful this time keep mine in mind??? I don't need 2 roo

Me and the kids have had fun playing with our eggs this evening lol we play baby chickens on YouTube and put it up to the incubator and the eggs rock and we even heard one of them chirp! Its so daen cute! Hopefully this means it won't be long now
1f606.png

Last edited:
63 coturnix eggs just went on lockdown.
7 silver
7 golden
7 cinnamon
42 mixed pharaoh and A&M
Let the waiting begin.

Back
Top Bottom