August 2016 Hatch-A-Long

On Lockdown as of 9:30 last night on my Java eggs!! This is soooo exciting!! 10 eggs, all showing movement last night
fl.gif

for whatever reason this one made it this far then died
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

I opened the shell and the chick looked normal with no defects and fully developed but in the bottom of the shell there was yellow stuff, maybe an infection, is this normal? Could it happen to my other 7 eggs?

That's sad to hear. Maybe it didn't absorb the yolk all the way. Best of luck for your other seven.

Last edited:

for whatever reason this one made it this far then died
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

I opened the shell and the chick looked normal with no defects and fully developed but in the bottom of the shell there was yellow stuff, maybe an infection, is this normal? Could it happen to my other 7 eggs?

I've had that in a few eggs. I think it's normal. I wonder if it got stuck blocking the zip crack and suffocated.

ETA: one of my Marans just hatched and left this. It's wetter than usual, but still normal though rare.

Last edited:

So when I candled before lock down these 4 looked a lot more solid colored and what veining could be seen was dark red. Now the veins are quite a bit lighter, you can see more into the egg and I'm not seeing any movement. Think their done for or is there still any hope?

My last two are solid black, so I still think they have a shot.

Last edited:

So when I candled before lock down these 4 looked a lot more solid colored and what veining could be seen was dark red. Now the veins are quite a bit lighter, you can see more into the egg and I'm not seeing any movement. Think their done for or is there still any hope?

My last two are solid black, so I still think they have a shot.

I've had a few like that and they hatched okay. I think the membrane was sticking the shell creating that shadow effect. Have you chirped and tapped? What day is?

I've had a few like that and they hatched okay. I think the membrane was sticking the shell creating that shadow effect. Have you chirped and tapped? What day is?

So today is day 20. I had several rockers and one that was cheeping on Monday. Serama often hatch day 19 so I was kinda expecting something early. Yesterday I heard some cheeping in the morning then it stopped by the afternoon. I cheep at the eggs and tap, but nothing

So today is day 20. I had several rockers and one that was cheeping on Monday. Serama often hatch day 19 so I was kinda expecting something early. Yesterday I heard some cheeping in the morning then it stopped by the afternoon. I cheep at the eggs and tap, but nothing

That makes me sad when they make it all the way to lockdown and quit
1f62b.png

Back
Top Bottom