Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

aussiechics. Nothing like it for taking your mind off the work you should be doing :). Welcome! And feel free to share some pics of your girls!

I realized yesterday I dont actually a pics of my grown girls only my babies that the babysitter sent to me lol

and I should say her dog is doing all the hard work ;-)

my 4 big girls. I dont know what breed they are...

my son named 3. Black ones are shadow, black ops and brown one is kfc... (boys suck at names) and the white girl is darla she's only just started laying

Fancy, sorry to hear about your pipe bursting. I hope they get it fixed quickly. You could always place some flower pots on the excavator for the photos, to make it look like an arrangement...

Congrats to everyone on their hatches, it's clearly spring there. And to you who lost some chicks, it's better to have lost them now than for them to hatch as weaklings who don't make it through their first week. Mother nature can be cruel, but it usually serves a purpose.

We had some night frost again this night, and the maples only have a few leaves left. Soon the first snow will fall.

Welcome Aussiechicks! I love how relaxed your chicks are with her dog. : ) My cats were allowed out yesterday & did a wild happy dance all over the garden after discovering the chicks, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't leave them to supervise.
I'll hazard a guess at your breeds as being Leghorn (white), possibly Austrolorp (black) and ISA brown, which may give you white, pinkish brown and brown eggs.
big_smile.png

Welcome Aussiechicks!  I love how relaxed your chicks are with her dog.  : )  My cats were allowed out yesterday & did a wild happy dance all over the garden after discovering the chicks, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't leave them to supervise. 
I'll hazard a guess at your breeds as being Leghorn (white), possibly Austrolorp (black) and ISA brown, which may give you white, pinkish brown and brown eggs.  :D

indy (the dog) thinks they're puppies and she keeps the cat away.

my cat (conrod) got a fright from the rooster I had. Was hilarious!

I do get 1 white and 2 pinkish eggs atm. 1 pink egg is smaller then the other (black ops the smallest hen lays those)

Well I now have a paddock that resembles a parking lot and the hole just keeps getting bigger. Little bras chick has hatched and is sitting in front of the fire ' fluffing up ' with the cat overseeing proceedings. Then I will put it back with momma and it's siblings.

Fantastic outcome Fancy.
1f423.png
1f425.png

Sorry to hear about your paddock!
Hope it does not affect your meeting tomorrow

I conducted a bit of a supervised test with the weather so nice so I had the chicks in their cage outside in the run with my 2 old isa's and they came over had a look and wanderes off so I let the chicks out for their first scratch the old girls came over looked at me looked at them theb laid down to have a sand bath. Keep in mind not broody or even social hens well when she left what im to beleave is my only girl out of 5 decided she wanted a sand bath too right ontop of everyone lol

Is that chick dead? !

Last edited:
Welcome Aussiechicks!  I love how relaxed your chicks are with her dog.  : )  My cats were allowed out yesterday & did a wild happy dance all over the garden after discovering the chicks, but I'm pretty sure I couldn't leave them to supervise. 
I'll hazard a guess at your breeds as being Leghorn (white), possibly Austrolorp (black) and ISA brown, which may give you white, pinkish brown and brown eggs.  :D

That's what I thought too.

Welcome AussieChics

Back
Top Bottom