Life With The Flock: Lacy Duckwing's Flock Thread

New record for my hens. 16 eggs today!

View attachment 3290537
Wow! You must have lots of hens! And if different breeds! I don't see too much variety in the eggs I get, just white, light brown, and dark brown. I hope to get an Easter egger one day, you just don't know what color egg they will surprise you with!

19, though I'm thinking Midnight might not be laying yet, so it's more like 18 layers at the moment.
Mine just started laying a few months ago. They are some great laying little pullets! Hailey, my Rhode Island Red, is showing down a bit. It doesn't surprise me since she's a little over 4 years old. She is still a very healthy and happy hen!

Wow! You must have lots of hens! And if different breeds! I don't see too much variety in the eggs I get, just white, light brown, and dark brown. I hope to get an Easter egger one day, you just don't know what color egg they will surprise you with!
I do, 19, and yes, a wide mix of breeds. I don't have any white eggers currently. I suggest getting a Whiting True Blue instead. They're similar to EEs, but better. They'll lay blue eggs guaranteed, look like an EE, but have a better, calmer, friendlier personality. My Sarah I can literally pick her up and hug her, and she'll act like I didn't even pick her up.
Mine just started laying a few months ago. They are some great laying little pullets! Hailey, my Rhode Island Red, is showing down a bit. It doesn't surprise me since she's a little over 4 years old. She is still a very healthy and happy hen!
Cool! What breeds are your pullets? RIRs are great, aren't they? 4 years old and is now slowing down is pretty impressive.

15 more eggs today!

20221014_182044.jpg

Organized all my eggs:

20221014_183022.jpg

Beautiful!
What are all the breeds in your flock?
Thanks! Let's see if I can remember them all....

• Rhode Island Blue: Shiloh II
  • Isa Brown: Beth II and Tweety IV
  • Orpington: Betty the Lemon Cuckoo and Midnight the Black (Split Lavender)
  • Maran: Phoebe and Victoria II (Black Copper); Macy and Zelda (Silver Cuckoo)
  • Easter Egger: Amber (Crossbeak), Lilac (Crooked toes), Twyla (Double yoker), and Owl
  • Whiting True Blue: Sarah, Marvalo III, and Beatrix
  • Olive Egger: Turbulence, Valerie, and Blair

It's such a beautiful variety!😍
Thanks! I love the variety too. I love mixed flocks. The only downside with this mixed flock, is the primary color is black, which is harder to take clear pictures of. (On the upside of the black, is black is one of those colors like blue, that I've rarely had, so it's nice to see it. :love ) I also think I don't have enough regular brown and tan eggs, but again, I've never had eggs so dark before either, and have wanted dark eggs. :D

Back
Top Bottom