Pics of my flock

They look so pretty already! Can’t wait to see what they’ll look like! You’ll get a pretty good guess around 5 weeks old! It goes by fast
True, but their father was brown forever an then turned black! Then again he was a rooster, so maybe the hen will stay one color?
Time really does fly, I will post updates though! 😄

New hatch! We ended up putting the only two others we got from the less successful one in with the new ones (Under supervision of course) and it went really well. The big ones don't bother the little ones at all, they're the center of the cuddle pile most of the time actually n they seem to appreciate the company.
IMG_20240404_142837962.jpg
IMG_20240404_142911274.jpg

Your buckeye chicken is a beauty :))
I don't have a buckeye, but I do want some one day! But thank you, I'm glad you think they're cute (they are cute, all chickens are so very cute😍)
edit: i thought the buckeyes were the ones like rhode island reds, that is, with the pea combs but maybe i'm off?
I do ave some reddish birds but they're brahmas n I dunno what most of my other birds are

Last edited:
Look how cute! Your others are getting so pretty! How old are they now?
They're about 3 weeks as of now! It's not as visible in that picture but both are getting pure white feathers on their chests and a super cool pattern that I can't tell the exact color of on their wings and tails. I'm having so much fun watching them grow :wee

They're about 3 weeks as of now! It's not as visible in that picture but both are getting pure white feathers on their chests and a super cool pattern that I can't tell the exact color of on their wings and tails. I'm having so much fun watching them grow :wee
I know! How exiting! I love these pictures keep us updated. Your chickens are going to be so pretty 🤩

So a lotta these pictures (but not all) are from last fall before things got dreary and muddy over-winter, but I wanted to share some pictures of my flock and ramble about how much I love them!
They are all very sweet birds, the roosters I've kept are friendly if a bit skittish (but some of them are big cuddlers too) and I just love chickens a whole lot, more now that I've got my own.

The three younger ones hatched around December, and have just transferred to outside! Ebony (the black one) is a sex link, and so is her white sister there with the black feathers, and their dad is that really pretty boy in the first picture (his name is Atilla)! He's an Ayam Cemani/White Leghorn cross, we're pretty sure, and he was one of the first birds I got. He's skittish most of the time but if I sit down out there long enough or just hang out, he'll come hang out with me.
He's also super lovely to the hens. Even before they started laying he was tryna find em nesting spots, and when they did start laying he tried to sit in the nest boxes with them before they kicked him out.
The really round cuckoo barred lady there is Matilda and she likes to bite if you don't let her sit in your lap. Also a very good hen, lays the biggest eggs I've ever seen too.
And so far my favorite breed has been the Brahmas, because they are the cuddliest calmest birds I've ever met. The one in the pic is Morticia and she also wants to be a lap chicken, so then she and Matilda get mad at each other because I can't fit two large hens on me at once.
😭
Anyway me n my roommate are also hatching a whole bunch of eggs from this mixed flock this spring (some are hatching right now actually!) and looking forward to seeing what the babies will all look like.
I do have more pictures and I will share more 😍
Thanks for sharing pics of all the friends! 🐓❤️

Back
Top Bottom