Pics of my flock

Worm94

Chirping
Mar 17, 2024
So a lotta these pictures (but not all) are from last fall before things got dreary and muddy over-winter, but I wanted to share some pictures of my flock and ramble about how much I love them!
They are all very sweet birds, the roosters I've kept are friendly if a bit skittish (but some of them are big cuddlers too) and I just love chickens a whole lot, more now that I've got my own.

The three younger ones hatched around December, and have just transferred to outside! Ebony (the black one) is a sex link, and so is her white sister there with the black feathers, and their dad is that really pretty boy in the first picture (his name is Atilla)! He's an Ayam Cemani/White Leghorn cross, we're pretty sure, and he was one of the first birds I got. He's skittish most of the time but if I sit down out there long enough or just hang out, he'll come hang out with me.
He's also super lovely to the hens. Even before they started laying he was tryna find em nesting spots, and when they did start laying he tried to sit in the nest boxes with them before they kicked him out.
The really round cuckoo barred lady there is Matilda and she likes to bite if you don't let her sit in your lap. Also a very good hen, lays the biggest eggs I've ever seen too.
And so far my favorite breed has been the Brahmas, because they are the cuddliest calmest birds I've ever met. The one in the pic is Morticia and she also wants to be a lap chicken, so then she and Matilda get mad at each other because I can't fit two large hens on me at once.
😭
Anyway me n my roommate are also hatching a whole bunch of eggs from this mixed flock this spring (some are hatching right now actually!) and looking forward to seeing what the babies will all look like.
I do have more pictures and I will share more 😍

Attachments

• atilla.jpg
    atilla.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 76
  • bettyy.jpg
    bettyy.jpg
    916 KB · Views: 15
  • matildafluff.jpg
    matildafluff.jpg
    1,002.1 KB · Views: 15
  • sillycreatures.jpg
    sillycreatures.jpg
    651 KB · Views: 14
  • humaneyesmorty.jpg
    humaneyesmorty.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 13
This is the first baby so far! There's another but the incubator's too fogged up right now to get any good pics of that one yet, either way I am excited. There's six eggs set though, and last I checked 1 more had pipped
🥹 I love chicks so much

Attachments

• springhatch2.jpg
    springhatch2.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 13
  • springhatch.jpg
    springhatch.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 12
  • soggylittleguy.jpg
    soggylittleguy.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 12
  • baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 13
This is the first baby so far! There's another but the incubator's too fogged up right now to get any good pics of that one yet, either way I am excited. There's six eggs set though, and last I checked 1 more had pipped
🥹 I love chicks so much
Awe so cute! Agreed chicks are great! I just hatched the last of ours yesterday

Our Muscovy ducks are super affectionate so I highly recommend!
I do want Muscovys, that's really nice to hear! I have two jumbo Pekins and a Khaki Campbell right now (The two in the pond are the ducks and I want to build them a proper pond over the summer but I hadn't planned on ducks and I only got these because someone had dumped them :( but I now love ducks very much and DO want more). The drake doesn't act like a drake so we didn't realize he was one for a long time, he likes to take naps and do absolutely nothing all day and he is very sweet!

Attachments

• ducksplaying.jpg
    ducksplaying.jpg
    928.5 KB · Views: 16

Back
Top Bottom