Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Ooooh rooptop garden sounds wonderful!

Great photos @appps! Wow ur baby is much bigger than her mother lol. Sorry have no idea how to tell that from the comb lol.

Mmm renting is a pain when u want to make improvements @Teila. Thats why i cant wait to buy in the next yr :-D so glad uve got ur usual bubbly attitude back, great to hear! :)

Thats great @satay! Id love to attempt to grow my own in yrs to come but i will def need more gardening experience before i attempt it (plus wanna own my own place to grow it). We bought 3 bags of bananas this wk, we go through them like crazy. Kids have one every morning with their cereal and then sometimes a snack during the day also.

Mr Rodney tried going me this morning! Little bugger

*sigh* Chicks won't stop crying constantly. They have chick crumble and water, it's nice and warm. They only stop when I pick them up and they go to sleep in my hand.

There's no temperature sensor in there yet but I can't imagine that it's too cold. Directly under the heat lamp is probably almost too warm and there's plenty of space to move to somewhere more comfortable. We'll be putting the sensor in later but I'm stumped otherwise. I've been trying to just leave them and "let them adjust" but it's driving my mumly instincts nuts.

*sigh* Chicks won't stop crying constantly.  They have chick crumble and water, it's nice and warm.  They only stop when I pick them up and they go to sleep in my hand. 

There's no temperature sensor in there yet but I can't imagine that it's too cold. Directly under the heat lamp is probably almost too warm and there's plenty of space to move to somewhere more comfortable.  We'll be putting the sensor in later but I'm stumped otherwise.   I've been trying to just leave them and "let them adjust" but it's driving my mumly instincts nuts.

So they feel hot or cold when u pick them up? Might be because your mum and they want u

Maybe put a little fluffy toy in with them ? Worth a try

Another alternative is to lay an old carpet square down and scatter a bale of hay on top. I've been trailing pine bark mulch in one pen with faily good results.
Poor little birdies, perhaps a 'rooftop garden 'would make them happy.
smile.png

Thank you Fancy!

I had a light bulb moment! I refreshed all the nest boxes with the new pest resistant straw I had on hand and used the 'old' straw to scatter around. The sun is shining! YES!

Not the best pictures but Cilla and the Nuggets have come down from the balcony and are laying on the straw, soaking up some sun!
celebrate.gif

Thank you Fancy! I had a light bulb moment! I refreshed all the nest boxes with the new pest resistant straw I had on hand and used the 'old' straw to scatter around. The sun is shining! YES! Not the best pictures but Cilla and the Nuggets have come down from the balcony and are laying on the straw, soaking up some sun! :celebrate
Awe sunbathing chickees.

Back
Top Bottom