Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Tee tree oil, mixed with a little eucalyptus oil.
Lice and mite both hate it.
A good option is tea tree cat shampoo add about 5 drops of eucalyptus . If you give your chooks a warm bath in the stuff for about 10-20 mins(Don't let them drink it) and dry them with a hair dryer it will kill almost any external bugs they have.

Sounds good. But I don't like bathing chickens. It's not fun.

My chooks put up with it because they know they will get mealworms after! We don't have any bedding so that won't be a problem. I will mix up some tea tree/eucalyptus spray...

Can't wait until the new coop/pen is complete...I will be planting herbs to help ward off bad bugs!

First chicky has hatched and is peeping it's head off at me, the 2 that pipped last night are still getting up the courage, both have broken holes and I can see ones beak poking through. How long is too long to be pipped before assuming they won't zip on their own? I'm not worried at all as I know they can breath, but the one that's hatched only pipped this morning and is already out

Tee tree oil, mixed with a little eucalyptus oil.
Lice and mite both hate it.
A good option is tea tree cat shampoo add about 5 drops of eucalyptus . If you give your chooks a warm bath in the stuff for about 10-20 mins(Don't let them drink it) and dry them with a hair dryer it will kill almost any external bugs they have.

Tea tree oil isn't recommended for chickens, could be toxic.

I don't get crows here. (Baffle Creek/1770). Mainly maggies and butcher birds. Quite a few kookaburras.  My roosters take care of them, and my dog protects the yard. 

Do any of you have problems with snakes?

Some say I might :lau Seriously though we have a few outside here in summer . We had a beautiful red bellied black last year, quite a few green tree snakes, the odd coastal carpet as well. There are browns and tiger snakes and death adders to name a few that live out here too. I have never had a problem with any of them though.

Back
Top Bottom