Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey guys, any tips on deep litter method vs sand? Looking at which one to go with for my chooks. Cheers Greg
Hi, I’m not a fan of deep litter simply because the rising ammonia can cause upper respiratory issues. I’ve used sand in one of my coops with some success, but it must be coarse or fat sand because fine sand will also cause upper respiratory issues.

Hey everyone, I have just created a meetup group for fellow pet chicken owners in Australia, especially those in NSW : https://www.meetup.com/NSW-Pet-Chicken-friends-circle/
If anyone would like to host any kind of event in relation to their feathered babies, voluntary some information session on raising chickens or even hosting poultry auctions, please let me know.
I am open to suggestions. Hopefully we can find better solutions to some old problems: ex-battery hens, urban roosters that you have just hand raised from a baby, etc.

:frowHi all from Australia! Anyone from Tasmania? I am looking to sell an 8.5 week old Silkie or 2, possible cockerels. Raised under broody hen, healthy, friendly and fluffy.
White one and a grey one can go together so they have a friend..
Here's some pics .. let me know if you want more pics!
View attachment 2492146
View attachment 2492152
Sold the cockerel with a little pullet friend :) nice lady who will care for them so they have gone to a good home.

Finally got a good photo of one of my babies, here they are, her name is Beetle ❤️
3E862A5B-C1AC-461D-895D-1B44C9075BD7.jpeg

Unfortunately it looks like it's gonna be a very hot and dry summer :hmm
It does. Already the rfs have responded to well over 50 fires in our (large) area. And the hotter it gets, the faster they will get out of control.
Feeling kind of impatient in the moment, as I'm still waiting for my training before I can start helping out.

Back
Top Bottom