Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi all I am in Beverley and have just last week hatch two cross breeds that I bred :)
They were isa brown X welsummer X and look very much like baby isa browns at the moment also have two rhode island reds and two plymouth rocks in the brooder box.
I am a full time mum to one and setting up a small business soon (I hope) Will see how it goes have geese and weiros and ducks and chooks that I am hoping breed for me this year (fingers crossed)

What are you hatching colourful?

They're hatched! Yays. I have Australorp and a couple Welsummer for myself and for a friend I hatched (in the same batch) Silver laced Wyandotte, light Sussex and some more Australorps. But after seeing the litttle Wyandotte (and meeting some full sized ones) I may be adding a few to my flock in future.

Also, I'm going to buy some used temporary fencing (the type they put around building sites) to use for my quail aviary. Of course I'm going to overlay it with a much finer wire and dig the whole lot into the ground, but what do you guys think?

Our girls are enjoying their freedom in the yard again after all the rain and wind we've had round here the last couple of days. Hope everyone's chooks & pens are well and still standing.

G'day!

I'm a bit of a newbie on this site - although I have been reading advice for some time before I joined up.

I had my broody Australorp cross (Nell) sit on some eggs and hatch out 4 lovely light sussex chicks last week.
All seem to be going well at the moment. I will not be keeping any of the boys - I live in Craigmore, South Australia.
So if there are any people who live further out of Adelaide who would like a free light sussex boy (not to eat) I will be happy to pass them on once identified.

Are there many members in South Australia?

I would like to find some Araucana eggs for Nell to hatch out next time - Any members nearby that have eggs available thoughout the year? I have found a supplier in QLD but would prefer not to use shipped eggs - the success rate seems to be much lower for shipped eggs from what I have read.

Anyhow, a photo of my little peeps - I can't get over how wonderful they are!!

I love the expression on this guy/gals face! What a poser!

Momma Nell and all 4 peeps in the garden.

They're hatched! Yays. I have Australorp and a couple Welsummer for myself and for a friend I hatched (in the same batch) Silver laced Wyandotte, light Sussex and some more Australorps. But after seeing the litttle Wyandotte (and meeting some full sized ones) I may be adding a few to my flock in future.

Also, I'm going to buy some used temporary fencing (the type they put around building sites) to use for my quail aviary. Of course I'm going to overlay it with a much finer wire and dig the whole lot into the ground, but what do you guys think?

Sounds good.

G'day! I'm a bit of a newbie on this site - although I have been reading advice for some time before I joined up. I had my broody Australorp cross (Nell) sit on some eggs and hatch out 4 lovely light sussex chicks last week. All seem to be going well at the moment. I will not be keeping any of the boys - I live in Craigmore, South Australia. So if there are any people who live further out of Adelaide who would like a free light sussex boy (not to eat) I will be happy to pass them on once identified. Are there many members in South Australia? I would like to find some Araucana eggs for Nell to hatch out next time - Any members nearby that have eggs available thoughout the year? I have found a supplier in QLD but would prefer not to use shipped eggs - the success rate seems to be much lower for shipped eggs from what I have read. Anyhow, a photo of my little peeps - I can't get over how wonderful they are!! I love the expression on this guy/gals face! What a poser! Momma Nell and all 4 peeps in the garden.
HI And welcome :) I sent Araucana eggs from Qld to Nsw recently. We are still waiting for them to hatch so will have to see how they go for now.

Wellies are great and you can sex them as day olds which helps. I would love to get wyandottes. I particularly like the blue laced gold but so far I have resisted the temptation lol.

Back
Top Bottom