Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Well crap. Message on hubby's phone again to say we have had another complaint. This time about the rooster.

Won't know details till he talks to him tomorrow but you know originally we were sympathetic and thought we would try and rehome him. But now I'm just over them. He used to wake me crowing but I've got used to him and it doesn't any more. I can't imagine suddenly they are hearing him more than when he wasn't worth mentioning in their original complaint. I think its more likely the first letter didn't get rid of the chooks so now they're trying this.

I think we will fight it. Stuff them

Last edited:
Well crap. Message on hubby's phone again to say we have had another complaint. This time about the rooster.

Won't know details till he talks to him tomorrow but you know originally we were sympathetic and thought we would try and rehome him. But now I'm just over them. He used to wake me crowing but I've got used to him and it doesn't any more. I can't imagine suddenly they are hearing him more than when he wasn't worth mentioning in their original complaint. I think its more likely the first letter didn't get rid of the chooks so now they're trying this.

I think we will fight it. Stuff them

Why do they care about your chooks anyway? Maybe take from satay's experience with the neighbor's dog and just tell council? "what rooster?" make them go through the hoops of getting evidence. Just hide him if they come by :p

Sorry to hear that appps. Yeah I would fight it too if I was you. Must be council pain in the butt day again. I got a call from the council to say they can't use the footage I took of the dog in our yard because it doesn't open. I said it does you need to use vlc media to open it not windows media player Their response was we are not computer savvy enough to do that. Grrr.. (they basically just ruled it out).. I then tried to convert the video so it could be used in media player but it lost too much quality.). I am so over this cruddy neighbour and her getting away with everything.

Last edited:
Why do they care about your chooks anyway? Maybe take from satay's experience with the neighbor's dog and just tell council? "what rooster?" make them go through the hoops of getting evidence. Just hide him if they come by :p

I have no idea. Nothing better to do I suspect.
Unfortunately the inspector has both seen and heard him.

Sorry to hear that appps. Yeah I would fight it too if I was you. Must be council pain in the butt day again. I got a call from the council to say they can't use the footage I took of the dog in our yard because it doesn't open. I said it does you need to use vlc media to open it not windows media player Their response was we are not computer savvy enough to do that. Grrr.. (they basically just ruled it out).. I then tried to convert the video so it could be used in media player but it lost too much quality.). I am so over this cruddy neighbour and her getting away with everything.

If an inspector can come and inspect my chooks then surely they can come and inspect your video on your computer then? How frustrating.

Satay - what format was your original video in and what did you convert it to? PM me I might be able to help. I work with video files on a daily basis.

Back
Top Bottom