Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Well the blue egg layers experiment is hardly an unqualified success.
Very little difference between these three little eggs and the "standard" Araucana eggs around them.
(These are the Araucana cross White Leghorn pullets)
Oh well - half a dozen more haven't started laying yet so there still is some hope.

Satay. Mine are the same though I did think today they were finally hanging together more when we are in with them. Mine went together Mother's Day. Still two distinct groups but its starting to go from scared of each other to having the odd peck when standing next to each other. Hopefully that means they are starting to set a one flock pecking order.

Luke. You are much more patient than I was!! Lol

Ash. Darn it but keeping fingers crossed for the next few.

6 weeks. I am sure you can take them out now Luke if they are showing no signs of illness.
Yeah....I'm just really nervous about them.
I think you missed the whole story with them?
Luke. You are much more patient than I was!! Lol

Ash. Darn it but keeping fingers crossed for the next few.
haha, thanks. You heard the whole story about the, right?
Well I went to the vets and they took some poo samples of my Ancona's and some of my orig flock. Turned out they had worms, like 3 different types, so got some wormer AND the vet gave me some Oxey something or other and the Ancona's problem has cleared up so well. I am still quite Nervous about them, the odd sneeze here and there but I have no idea if that's just natural sneezes, like when they drink water etc. They are going into the flock this week end.

Sorry your project didn't work Ash. You still have some nice eggs and birds there though.

Yay, another Victorian
smile.png
I think there are only three of us. What breeds do you have?

smile.png
I wouldn't be surprised! Been lurking on this site since Jan.

I used to have Isa Browns but after reading up on the different breeds I decided to have a little party in my backyard and purchased a few breeds. I got a Gold and a Silver Lace Wyandotte, a Light Sussex and 2 super cute Australorps (with the most gorgeous green sheen, gotta take a photo of them when I get the chance). All pullets between 16-20 weeks of age. Can't wait for their first egg!

smile.png
I wouldn't be surprised! Been lurking on this site since Jan. I used to have Isa Browns but after reading up on the different breeds I decided to have a little party in my backyard and purchased a few breeds. I got a Gold and a Silver Lace Wyandotte, a Light Sussex and 2 super cute Australorps (with the most gorgeous green sheen, gotta take a photo of them when I get the chance). All pullets between 16-20 weeks of age. Can't wait for their first egg!
Wow your ladies are beautiful. Welcome to the Aussie thread.

OH I remember now Luke I had forgotten about the problems you had. Ash I hope you have better colouring with the ones still waiting to lay. Thanks Appps gives me hope that they may not be scared of each other eventually. I have seen no fighting or anything but the newer girls seem terrified of them.

Oh no I'd missed that Luke. Was the worms related to the sneezing in any way?

Mine are still sneezing now and then and really have the smelliest poops. It's like someone let one rip when they do one. The kids all go eww okay who was that!! Lol

I probably should have wormed mine but thought coming from a grow out pen with no adults they should be okay.

Last edited:
Lol
OH I remember now Luke I had forgotten about the problems you had. Ash I hope you have better colouring with the ones still waiting to lay. Thanks Appps gives me hope that they may not be scared of each other eventually. I have seen no fighting or anything but the newer girls seem terrified of them.

My isa's and lorps did that too. I sat out side with a cuppa and use to throw treats .... Amazing how they forget not liking each other when treats were about they now are insuperable

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom