Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Satay our is even weirder, its our old girls scared of the new lol
Mind you I saw the old top hen peck one of the new ones tails last night. The new one didn't even notice lol

I tried that one Sam. The newer girls would not come over for treats. Guess it does not help that they have so much space to get away from each other here.

Oh no I'd missed that Luke. Was the worms related to the sneezing in any way?

Mine are still sneezing now and then and really have the smelliest poops. It's like someone let one rip when they do one. The kids all go eww okay who was that!! Lol

I probably should have wormed mine but thought coming from a grow out pen with no adults they should be okay.
hahah, That's just their ceacal poo's. They are normal, but shouldn't be happening all the time. I think they have those every like 10 poo's. Something like that. They can be pretty smelly buggers sometimes.lol.

We don't fully know, sneezing can be connect to just about anything. So the vet gave me just a general respiratory powered to put in their water.
After that thread I made died they ( the ancona's ) started getting worse with runny noses, heaps on sneezing but I have got it down not. Just a few sneezes here and there, which I a hoping are just natural ones.

My old ones have never stunk like these guys do. Maybe its a bantam full size chook thing too. Bigger chook bigger smell lol

Maybe...But I do tend to find that when I get new chickens, especially pullets they do smell a lot. My Marans smelt really weird when I first got them but after letting them into my flock they smell fine. Maybe they let of a pheromone or something?

Just went to feed all the animals and when I got to the budgie aviary I saw that my beautiful Pearly was dead on the floor. There appear to be no marks on her but when I checked the nest box she was in I noticed there was an egg missing. Not sure if that has anything to do with why she died. As far as I can see nothing can get into the aviary as is made of the tiny little square wire and iron. RIP my Pearly :(

smile.png
I wouldn't be surprised! Been lurking on this site since Jan.

I used to have Isa Browns but after reading up on the different breeds I decided to have a little party in my backyard and purchased a few breeds. I got a Gold and a Silver Lace Wyandotte, a Light Sussex and 2 super cute Australorps (with the most gorgeous green sheen, gotta take a photo of them when I get the chance). All pullets between 16-20 weeks of age. Can't wait for their first egg!

I'm one of the other Melbournites, Welcome!

Your girls are so pretty, that gold laced is gorgeous! Are they bantams or full size? Where did you get them?

I'm one of the other Melbournites, Welcome!

Your girls are so pretty, that gold laced is gorgeous! Are they bantams or full size? Where did you get them?

Thank you! :) All my girls are Standard size so will be heavy ladies in a couple of months. I need them big to discourage my dogs from picking on them
tongue.png

I got each one from a different breeder, I got the Australorps from a lady in Yea (she has some amazing looking Australorps!), the Silver Lace from a gent in Rockchester, the Gold Lace from a lady in Shepperton and the Light Sussex from a guy in Narra Warren. My hubby thinks I am crazy, travelling the whole of VIC to get a couple of chooks. But it's worth it to get such nice girls.

What chooks do you have Mogvgb?

Satay: That is really sad to hear, I lost two of my birds 6 months ago to predator. It's very hard when you get to know them so well.

Back
Top Bottom