Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I should get my butt into gear and work out my orders out from last season :) You guys will be the first to know when I have anything available...

Chook, could go be on the list for a pullet/hen if you'll have one available?:)

Satay, I reckon you're probably right with those wing colors. I read somewhere that it's easier to tell as early as possible because the colors of the wings will darken so they'll all start to look like boys. :)

Saw a post on Facebook today. A man was selling two black copper marans quads for 600 each. I called him right when I saw it to see if he might sell me one hen but both quads had sold within six minutes he said! :hmm

My 6 week old Barred Rock chickies (With a few Araucanas thrown in)
I haven't decided which ones are "keepers" yet.

The bantam Leghorn breeding trio, with new rooster from Jim Lewis yesterday.
Rooster was showing lavender POL hen the nestbox today, and she was interested, so hope
for more eggs soon.

The Pekin trio, with another nice new rooster from Jim. Neither hen laying yet.

A couple of nice "blue" Araucana pullets- these are def keepers.

Hi all!
frow.gif

My names Brock and I'm from Victoria. I'm a bit of an amature so I hope you all like being asked silly questions.
I've got a tiny mixed flock of five birds: a RIR named Amy, an Australorp named Fridge, a Silky Roo named Yokiama, a belgian D'Uccle Named Pantsy (the N is silent but its a homage to her lovely pants) and today I've picked up a Buff Pekin and i'm looking for name suggestions if you have any.

Winter being as it is my D'uccle has come down with Mycoplasma Gallisepticum
barnie.gif
but her medication seems to be working. My vet only had bulk Chook meds so I had to settle for VibraVet paste and it's going down well, I think she really likes the taste. Pantsy is deffinitly my favorite, she's very personable and seems to love being petted and sitting on laps. It's probably because when I got her she had a lot of health issues; she was lame and I'd have to feed her hypericum and wash her legs to get rid of her mites. She's a trooper she regained her strength and now she's a bit of a boss of the flock she doesn't take any guff from the roo she just pecks him back.
Anyway nice to meet you all!

Luke, I've heard good things about that one but if you're looking at that price range, I would go ahead and get the rcom king suro 20. Satay, ash and I all have it too so it will be easier to share experience :)

What were your other questions?

Back
Top Bottom