Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Just curious after seeing Luke's huge pile of eggs but what does everyone do with their extra eggs, the ones you can't eat yourself.

Are you selling them all somewhere or just giving away to friends and family?

Hubby sells ours to the people in the street where he works. He works in an industrial estate. They love farm fresh eggs over shop ones. Family also get free ones and I have a lot of family lol.

Last edited:
I give some to my parents, I give some to my dogs and I sell them to people at work
smile.png

I make mayonnaise, frittatas, pasta, custard, icecream and other eggy recipes! I sell fertile eggs and my daughter sells 'Miette's Rainbow Eggs' at her school. My family all has chickens so it is usually only at the end of the season when they want eggs.... And we usually give the neighbours on the other side of the creek eggs for putting up with the roosteters! Heres that latest Frizzle that has fluffed out, the one left in the bator is still pipping..

Thanks everyone, they are great satay and mine also didn't get the message saying not to lay over Winter.

Chook great news, sorry about your firzzle.

Appps, I sell all my eggs. That's how I am able to keep my flock, they pay for all their own food, treats and I even get quite a lot left over ( have over $300 ).
Any eggs that are too small to sell we eat or just feed back to the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom