Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

lol I just had a funny thought after I posted that. Imagine if I won the lotto... Grab the ute and duck to kspots to pick her up for a road trip down the coast... First stop... Luke's house to check out his marans.....better bring a maran or two of my own for him then he might shout us a coffee...then we load up again and head down to Pinky's... better bring something for Pinky too.... More marans yes...lol.. then a few drive bys of Ash's peaking over the fence and all his designer hens.. hoping he doesn't report us as stalkers....lol. Then off to chook's gotta go check out those lovely marans etc.... Now that would be a fun trip lol... Better not win lotto til summer though as we may freeze down south right now. Would also have to add the two sam's into our trip as well.:lol::p ;) I forgot red and colourful too lol It would be a great trip.

Last edited:
lol I just had a funny thought after I posted that. Imagine if I won the lotto... Grab the ute and duck to kspots to pick her up for a road trip down the coast... First stop... Luke's house to check out his marans.....better bring a maran or two of my own for him then he might shout us a coffee...then we load up again and head down to Pinky's... better bring something for Pinky too.... More marans yes...lol.. then a few drive bys of Ash's peaking over the fence and all his designer hens.. hoping he doesn't report us as stalkers....lol. The off to chook's gotta go check out those lovely marans etc.... Now that would be a fun trip lol... Better not win lotto til summer though as we may freeze down south right now. Would also have to add the two sam's into our trip as well.
lol.png
tongue.png
wink.png
yuckyuck.gif
You know Satay, I'd be totally up for that. I'll be waiting for a tooting horn outside my house and a hand waving me into the car.
lol.png

Great plan satay :) and congratulations on golden feathered :)

Brock, you really did nothing wrong. I don't think I did either but you definitely didn't. Please don't let this sour your experience. This is a really friendly group :)

Last edited:
Great plan satay :) and congratulations on golden feathered :)

Brock, you really did nothing wrong. I don't think I did either but you definitely didn't. Please don't let this sour your experience. This is a really friendly group :)

Thanks it's my second one now. Got one a few years back for winning a guess the date and time comp.

Last edited:
Someone reported me for saying what I brought to the warragul sale?
Wow, maybe an admin wondered over? I'm pretty sure that most of us have said something like that in this thread (said we were selling some of our birds)....

And yes, Darwinchooks, I do need a licence to farm them. I'm getting a keep and sell native wildlife licence and I'll get the farming permit after that. My local council says I only need to ask for permission from the council if I kept them in small pens (while if I kept them, they would have a large paddock).

Last edited:
What so you mean Pinky? Reported you to who?

And yes, Darwinchooks, I do need a licence to farm them. I'm getting a keep and sell native wildlife licence and I'll get the farming permit after that. My local council says I only need to ask for permission from the council if I kept them in small pens (while if I kept them, they would have a large paddock).
Wow, hope you enjoy it! I'd love to do that, but there's so many other animals I want to get first....

Hi Everyone, I'm Bec :) I'm very new to chickens, I have two isa brown ex battery hens named Billina and Ginger (I'm in love with them already they are the sweetest ladies!). I live in Seaford in Melbourne.

Hey bec! Your nice and close to the sea like me, if you look north west and squint you might see me waving to you across the water. It's so cold down here today, are your gals laying? All mine are still too young of too cold to think about laying. Good luck with the chooks!

Back
Top Bottom