Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey guys, when you're doing a staggered hatch, do you clean out the Hatcher before putting new eggs in it? That sounds like a silly question but I haven't left enough time between batches I guess and I still have a few latecomers and I need to put some more in but it's a little messy from the last few hatching. Should I try to wip the mat out, clean it and put it back? Or do you think they'll be fine?

I would do my best to get rid of any remnants left behind from the last batch. The bacteria levels will be pretty high. I wipe mine out with bleach. So long as you are not at lockdown it should be safe.

Hey guys, when you're doing a staggered hatch, do you clean out the Hatcher before putting new eggs in it? That sounds like a silly question but I haven't left enough time between batches I guess and I still have a few latecomers and I need to put some more in but it's a little messy from the last few hatching. Should I try to wip the mat out, clean it and put it back? Or do you think they'll be fine?

Most likely they will be fine, but I always clean it between hatches.

I would do my best to get rid of any remnants left behind from the last batch. The bacteria levels will be pretty high. I wipe mine out with bleach. So long as you are not at lockdown it should be safe.

What do you mean not at lock down? It's lock down time for a new lot of eggs that need to go in the Hatcher with some that are passed lock down but haven't hatched yet.

You asked for it!

I did, and it put a massive smile on my face!
Beautiful photos
smile.png

Ok, I swapped the three that haven't hatched yet to the other incubator while I cleaned the hatcher then put them in the Hatcher with the others that needed to go in. I don't have much hope for the ones that are late but I had to give them a chance.

Four dogs!! I think I recognise the two in the front, what breeds are the two at the back? The foals are lovely Rexy :)

There is Bella the border collie, Red the Red Heeler (who was put down a few weeks ago after being my faithful companion for 14 years, it was like cutting my right arm off), Bundy the Labrador, and Horry the staffy/red heeler.

isn't it great to see everyones photos, chickens and others. :)

Back
Top Bottom