Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

It's looking that way appps. We were 38c here yesterday and they are saying probably 40c here today and it's only spring. I am worried about my marans in this heat but I have sprinklers set up ready to go if it gets to hot today.

Wow, Summer could be scary hot for you then!

I took down the mister system I set up last year when we built the proper run fence. Id put misters in polypipe and had it running across the top of the kids swing :) Will have to start thinking how Im going to mount it now the swing isnt in there any more I think.

Wow, Summer could be scary hot for you then!

I took down the mister system I set up last year when we built the proper run fence.  Id put misters in polypipe and had it running across the top of the kids swing :)  Will have to start thinking how Im going to mount it now the swing isnt in there any more I think.

Summers are hot out here every year last year we had a few weeks in the 40's with the top temp 2 days straight of 47c. It's more worrying now being so hot coming out of winter but I have misters and sprinklers set up to go so hopefully they will all do ok.

Wow I am really feeling for you guys, windy here today, 17c at the moment, getting down to 3c tonight :(
I am definitely not looking forward to going to Qld for Christmas this year now :(

I love hot Christmases depends which part of Qld you go to. The gold coast is always way cooler and Townsville, cairns area way more humid.

Mmmm not looking forward to Bush fire season, I've only just got plans for building by trailer cage for the chickens. It is so hard to decide who gets on the trailer.... And unfortunately most of those roosts will be reserved for our gorgeous cross bred pets. I've been convincing my kids to fall in love with my olive egger babies this season :)

Hi all to the new chook lovers here!

FreeRanging Hen, I see you have instagram
big_smile.png
. Is it for your flock???
I did have instagram on my last phone. It's dead atm, so my account isn't being updated lately.
barnie.gif

It's a bit of homesteading/natural living everything on my instagram, including chicken photo's.

A welcome, too, from Mississippi. So we both keep Australorps (I have ONE) and Barnevelders (have 3 babies), and I raised bantam Wyandottes for several years. We must be chicken related.
smile.png

Yup, definately chicken related
tongue.png

Hey Guys - can anyone help a newbie chook owner out? Can I feed the green tops of potato plants to "my girls"? My guess is no - but I'd rather check with you guys than google it. Google is soooo impersonal. What else from the veggie patch is a no-no?

Same here Sam. If this is spring does that mean 45deg days are likely again this summer. I am really hoping not as faverolles don't do heat well apparently and I know someone in Victoria lost some last summer in those extreme days.
On Black Saturday it was 47 degrees here, with flames two metres from the chicken houses, and I didn't lose a single chook.
The are tougher than you think!

xxxx M

Mmmm not looking forward to Bush fire season, I've only just got plans for building by trailer cage for the chickens. It is so hard to decide who gets on the trailer.... And unfortunately most of those roosts will be reserved for our gorgeous cross bred pets. I've been convincing my kids to fall in love with my olive egger babies this season :)

Hi all to the new chook lovers here!

I know how you feel chook. We have been getting fire danger alerts on the phone lately thankfully no fires around here though. I would hate to have to choose who to take after the dogs the 2 snakes 1 cat and then whatever chickens etc could fit. Hope I never have to make that choice.

Back
Top Bottom