Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Umm, I'm not sure :S

I'm just gonna write down what it says on box. Hopefully something will make sense?

CILICAINE VK
phenoxymethylpenicillin
500 mg capsules

each capsule contains 500mg
phenoxymethylpenicillin (penicillin v)
as the potassium salt

Does any of that info help?

I really am clueless -.-

Did you guys see this, second outbreak of bird flu near Young. So far the tally is 440,000 birds destroyed between the two farms.

Fingers crossed thats the end of it.!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-10-24/nrn-more-bird-flu/5043936

Do you guys think we need to be careful of wild bird populations around our chooks? This came from ducks they think but Im wondering if any bird could spread bird flu?

Last edited:
Umm, I'm not sure :S

I'm just gonna write down what it says on box. Hopefully something will make sense?

CILICAINE VK
phenoxymethylpenicillin
500 mg capsules

each capsule contains 500mg
phenoxymethylpenicillin (penicillin v)
as the potassium salt

Does any of that info help?

I really am clueless -.-

Yeah that is a bit confusing. When ours was on anti-biotics when her toe got cut off and was infected the vet just did them up in a tiny little bottle for us.

Unfortunately phenoxymethylpenicillin is one of the few penicillin s that is not effective against upper respiratory disease. Cephalexin or doxycycline are what you need . Most vets will have Trimidine powder which is about $60 for 250 g . By the time you add consult you are probably looking at $120 if you decide to go to the vet. You really need to weigh up your options.

I got my other dozen eggs last night and all were intact :) They arrived wrapped in wet paper towel and then alfoil around each egg. Have heard of this but never seen it before. Was worried about the moisture on them so will leave them til tonight to put in the bator. Anyone hatched posted eggs that arrived like this ?

I am on [COLOR=333333]doxycycline at the moment for a severe sinus infection. I wish I could get her some, as I have repeats on the script.[/COLOR]

Luke or ash should be able to advice you on antibiotics you can by from your local produce for this. I can't remember the name off hand. Hopefully one of them will come on soon.

I got my other dozen eggs last night and all were intact :) They arrived wrapped in wet paper towel and then alfoil around each egg. Have heard of this but never seen it before. Was worried about the moisture on them so will leave them til tonight to put in the bator. Anyone hatched posted eggs that arrived like this ?

Never heard of that before! I wrap each individual egg in dry paper towel. Not sure what purpose the foil would have.:confused:

My 21 little Show Quality Araucanas hatched on 10/10. Starting to show a nice range of colours.

This chook business is getting a little scary - I just did a quick census.
I have -
33 Araucanas
21 Barred Rocks
11 Light Sussex
3 Speckled Sussex
9 Bantam White Leghorn
5 Hamburgs
5 Pekins
3 Isa Browns
2 Frizzles
1 White Leghorn X Ara
1 Indian Game X Ara
1 Isa X Ara.

A total of 95, with 45 Barred Rcks and Silver Laced Wyandottes hatching today and tomorrow!

A big clearing sale coming up soon I think!

xxxx M

Back
Top Bottom