Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Sooooo incubator works like a dream and today I set 12 Silkie eggs for a trial run.. Two eggs had some poop on them :/ I know it can be dangerous but I couldn't get what was left off is this amount on the two egg pics dangerous?

Sydney ppl! I've driven from manly to Taree to penrith toooo Wollongong all to get the purebreds I wanted because all Sydney has is two places selling isa browns really then I was horrified by the health of some of the chooks so I will be hatching and selling purebreds from Frenchs Forest area.. Not doing big numbers yet as I wanna make sure I'm doing it right first but hopefully in 4 months time ill have some chooks to sell.. I won't sell before 3 months because I hate how ppl buy them early then have to change or swop roosters around.. Once chooks leave I unfortunately won't have them back and risk the health of others so selling them when I can sex them is what ill be doing.

YAY Good one Pinky  That's great. I would put the ones that might be fertile under her.... leave the ones in the bator. when they dry out after hatch you could sneak them under her and put the eggs in the newly vacated bator.

Has Booker hatched her own before?
nope, these will be her first. I really hope she hatches a girl that I can keep :) I have some of her chicks already but would be wonderful to keep one raised by momma :)

Hi guys, I'm after some advice again.

i bought a Janoel Incubator off ebay, before reading that most people say they are crap :S

Anyways, I got some eggs that are already at day 17 and put them in my incubator, but i can't get the humidity up!!!

I have put in shallow containers with water to increase the amount of water surface but it still won't go up. I am using the Janoel 24 egg incubator & a ReptaHydro Hydrometer. I have put the listed amount of water in tank 1 and 2. I have the little ventilation hole closed. It is sitting at 37.5 deg and 45% humidity. It is now day 18 and I cant raise the humidity like i need to.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Poop eggs.. UP AND RUNNING! SO exciting!
Sydney, they should be fine, just remember to disinfect the entire unit before you set the next batch.
1f609.png

Hi guys, I'm after some advice again.

i bought a Janoel Incubator off ebay, before reading that most people say they are crap :S

Anyways, I got some eggs that are already at day 17 and put them in my incubator, but i can't get the humidity up!!!

I have put in shallow containers with water to increase the amount of water surface but it still won't go up. I am using the Janoel 24 egg incubator & a ReptaHydro Hydrometer. I have put the listed amount of water in tank 1 and 2. I have the little ventilation hole closed. It is sitting at 37.5 deg and 45% humidity. It is now day 18 and I cant raise the humidity like i need to.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Are you sure that the reading you are getting is accurate ? If there is room add another shallow water dish, fill the water tanks and keep the lid closed.

I don't know if its acurate. I only have 1 hydrometer so I go off what it says. I'm soooo worried they won't make it because I don't know what I'm doing :(
I already have 3 extra water dishes in there. no room for more.

I don't know if its acurate. I only have 1 hydrometer so I go off what it says. I'm soooo worried they won't make it because I don't know what I'm doing :(

You can calibrate the hygrometer. I've forgotten how but read about it when we set our hermit crabs up. Something about a bag and salt or such and a reading it should give so you know how far you are out if that isn't what it reads. Google should find you instructions though.

At least then you know if its the humidity out or just the meter.

when I bought my incubator from bellsouth, the people there said that you can keep it at forty-five for the entire time. I suspect the hygrometer isn't reading correctly but as long as it's forty-five or above they should be fine. I'd make sure you still have a vent open though, they need oxygen.

Back
Top Bottom