Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Satay, I'm jealous too. Lovely birds.

Re advocate and frontline - frontline is not absorbed but part of advocate is so can end up in eggs.

Re online shopping for frontline, advocate and any similar treatments - many suppliers even those with an Australian address are actually importing the product. You may be getting a different product called the same but doesn't meet Australian standards. Buyer be ware.

Happy Australia Day everyone!

Satay, I'm jealous too. Lovely birds.

Re advocate and frontline - frontline is not absorbed but part of advocate is so can end up in eggs.

Re online shopping for frontline, advocate and any similar treatments - many suppliers even those with an Australian address are actually importing the product. You may be getting a different product called the same but doesn't meet Australian standards. Buyer be ware.

Happy Australia Day everyone!

I have actually had one of my eggs tested for advocate at my vets and it's completely clear, no trace of advocate in the eggs.. Also I have purchased this product from this website before and it's completely legit :)
I do agree some websites are faulty and people should be aware..

You can get glucodin powder from chemist (or big supermarket), perfectly safe & they seem to like it. If you make up a mixture with some warm water, glucodin & olive oil & offer on a teaspoon (maybe flat teaspoonof each component & mix really well). He may only take one drink at a time so offer every hour on a teaspooon. Keep him very warm & gently massage his crop.Is he still pooing?f

No poops while i've been watching, he has his moments, he went really weak then in the next breath has a little run around, he ate some chick starter feed and is under the heat lamp, I had to syringe some oil mix into his little beak, I'd put tiny bits at a time but he wasnt resisting and would then actually swallow it down himself.. God I hope he's ok.

Couple of rexy's girls 3 and half weeks old .

They look like they are colouring up ok!!

Cute itty bitty chickies. :lol:

Satay, you are going to be the Marans queen at this rate of expansion. :lau

I don't worm my birds:oops: . I know it's bad. I think I have only wormed them twice in 2 years, and those where both on occasions when I actually had the worms.

:celebrate Congratulations!!!
What are what??

:drool They look beautiful. Oh how I want Marans again....
They French Wheaten??

French wheaten or Blue wheaten , Wont know til the colour up some more. 1 wheaten, 1 black and I am not sure on the other if it is black or blue.

Last edited:
They look like they are colouring up ok!!

Cute itty bitty chickies. :lol:

Satay, you are going to be the Marans queen at this rate of expansion. :lau

Unfortunately not all will get to stay from the ones i hatch from my own eggs. I don't mind so much as they are fun to hatch and see what comes out.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom