Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Their siblings are all perched outside the office window. I've clipped their wings and keep collecting them up and taking them back to their pen and then I go out for the day and they are all back in the garden. That little black /blue roo is annoying the crap out of my bantam hens and George comes to their rescue.

Just beautiful fancy:thumbsup

So my white leghorn has been getting very dirty lately and I'm wanting to give her a bath.. It's been raining a bit here lately so she is abit muddy.. Doesn't seem to shake off...

Any suggestions on how to bathe a chicken????

I've heard salt water is good, and I've also heard vinegar is good in the water??

OK, So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself - went to the hardware shop yesterday and bought a drill, some chicken wire and other bits to create a new home for the girls in half of our garden shed. I covered the back of a wooden IKEA shelf with the wire and fashioned a sliding door partition with one of the panels from the old coop. It's now dry, head height (and I'm a tall girl!) and has a paved floor perfect for cleaning. I had some of those plastic stacking shelves you get from the $2 shop and so stacked three up and filled them with straw for nesting boxes.
Trying to entice them in last night was a nightmare...they just wouldn't go in but huddled around the door and made a break for the house when I tried to bribe them in with food. I had to pick them up and lock them in in the end, and they broke out of the run today at some stage, so no idea how long they were without water (judging by the poo, most of the day I think) No eggs today, either...they've gone out in protest! I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for them to settle in. I will attach the new fancy self opening door next weekend, and when we get our deck built (next week!!) I will extend their run half the length of the garden bed.

OK, So I'm feeling pretty proud of myself - went to the hardware shop yesterday and bought a drill, some chicken wire and other bits to create a new home for the girls in half of our garden shed. I covered the back of a wooden IKEA shelf with the wire and fashioned a sliding door partition with one of the panels from the old coop. It's now dry, head height (and I'm a tall girl!) and has a paved floor perfect for cleaning. I had some of those plastic stacking shelves you get from the $2 shop and so stacked three up and filled them with straw for nesting boxes.
Trying to entice them in last night was a nightmare...they just wouldn't go in but huddled around the door and made a break for the house when I tried to bribe them in with food. I had to pick them up and lock them in in the end, and they broke out of the run today at some stage, so no idea how long they were without water (judging by the poo, most of the day I think) No eggs today, either...they've gone out in protest! I'm hoping it doesn't take too long for them to settle in. I will attach the new fancy self opening door next weekend, and when we get our deck built (next week!!) I will extend their run half the length of the garden bed.

Sounds great Megacakes
clap.gif
Got any pictures???

Back
Top Bottom