Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Uh oh, someone out the back is crowing. Other than Alfie that is.
Don't know who yet, it sounds awefully squeaky lol When I go out there they stop :(
Wouldn't be the bantam rooster yet would it? He's only just over 2 months old

My BLG hen is broody again, she is only sitting on 3 eggs as she is the only one laying. I would have joined your thread Luke but I won't be here for most of her sitting,my hubby will have to chicken sit for me. Noticed her broody yesterday, hatch day should be 24th Feb...

Look at it this way Karen, all the hard work will be done by the time you get back.

My BLG hen is broody again, she is only sitting on 3 eggs as she is the only one laying. I would have joined your thread Luke but I won't be here for most of her sitting,my hubby will have to chicken sit for me. Noticed her broody yesterday, hatch day should be 24th Feb...

Look at it this way Karen, all the hard work will be done by the time you get back.

Just needing some Info...

I'm looking at possibly needing to rehome my chickens.. I have 6.. How do they go with being rehomed?? The place they may go to already have one hen and a rooster??

I would love to keep them but unfortunately I won't be living at my parents house forever.. And I feel the younger they get a new home it may be better for them??

Help anyone!

Uh oh, someone out the back is crowing. Other than Alfie that is.
Don't know who yet, it sounds awefully squeaky lol When I go out there they stop :(
Wouldn't be the bantam rooster yet would it? He's only just over 2 months old 

Could be, I had a light Sussex start at around 6 weeks. All be it screechy and a rather peculiar squark.

Just needing some Info...

I'm looking at possibly needing to rehome my chickens.. I have 6.. How do they go with being rehomed?? The place they may go to already have one hen and a rooster??

I would love to keep them but unfortunately I won't be living at my parents house forever.. And I feel the younger they get a new home it may be better for them??

Help anyone!

There new owner will need to keep them locked up in the coop for a week. This way they have an idea of where to return and hopefully lay eggs. There will be a bit of argy bargy but that's normal.
I keep them separated for BIOSECURITY reasons but not everyone can facilitate that. A pen inside the coop to give them a chance to ' look but not touch ' might be useful.
To give them a good start I would worm them and dust them with poultry dust.

Well get Hubby on BYC and he can get right stuck into chicken duties
lol.png
!!!

I am starting another once this lot hatch!!!

Back
Top Bottom