Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I'm with fancy on this one. I wouldn't use it. I know people that have and if it works for you then great. Luke I would throw the eggs for ten days after application to be on the safe side.

As a first time chicken owner I had no idea what to do.. So I got advice from vets and my local poultry... And trusted in them that it's ok.. I appreciate all the advice.. As it did work amazing for me I don't have a problem with it.. But thanks :)

I'm with fancy on this one. I wouldn't use it. I know people that have and if it works for you then great. Luke I would throw the eggs for ten days after application to be on the safe side.[/quote)
I am using worm-enda poultry wormer. Is it ok to eat the eggs of I use it?
My chickens dont have worms, but going to treat them as a precautionary? ?

There is no withholding period for eggs, should be safe. And I know you'd never eat the girls.:thumbsup

That hawk killed another chick today. The cheeky thing sat above the others in the vege patch whilst it dined. It seems completely oblivious to me. It acts like it lives here. Got some more pics will upload later. If he hangs around much longer I won't have any chicks left.

I call him ' Lefty ' he seems to hold his left foot up, might be injured.

That hawk killed another chick today. The cheeky thing sat above the others in the vege patch whilst it dined. It seems completely oblivious to me. It acts like it lives here. Got some more pics will upload later. If he hangs around much longer I won't have any chicks left.

Or that's his catching foot and he needs to keep it safe
wink.png
Sorry, that was mean. Sorry about your loss.

There is no withholding period for eggs, should be safe. And I know you'd never eat the girls.:thumbsup

No, I know it sounds silly, but I could never eat the girls or my rooster Boots, although hubby wants to give one of the chicks a try if they are roosters, I think he maybe on his own for this one, but you never know I might give it a try when the time (if) it comes, they say Wyandottes are very tasty. But my girls are safe. :)

Sorry to hear that fancy. Where are the roosters? My Rooster can spot them from miles away, he calls out to the girls and they all run under the house.

The roos are doing their job, but white goss hawks aren't very good hunters and are notorious opportunist . It's been taking the babies that are in the vege patch. They are slipping out the wire and once they are out in the open he swoops. He had a go at the broody coro in the horse shelter yesterday and scared her off her eggs. I'd say George stood up to him cause he's been laying around a lot today and he hasn't tried to jump the gate once.

Back
Top Bottom