Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Bombo and past Kiama on the train. Took the pics with the iPhone

Thanks Satay, thanks Sam. I'm not sure about fire weed, I'll look it up. We had some mulch delivered the day before and found wisteria and heaps of acacia so she might have picked something up from in there. They should not have gotten out in any case. Panda is fine though he is missing his mate. Obi wan and lilly are still too little to go in with him i think.
Does anyone on here use alpacas for Fox guards? I've lost heaps of birds lately so no one has been going out and they are eating their weight in gold atm.
Thanks fancy for the bathing tips, I'll get my daughter to take some humiliating photos of them while I'm washing them!

Thanks Satay, thanks Sam. I'm not sure about fire weed, I'll look it up. We had some mulch delivered the day before and found wisteria and heaps of acacia so she might have picked something up from in there. They should not have gotten out in any case. Panda is fine though he is missing his mate. Obi wan and lilly are still too little to go in with him i think.
Does anyone on here use alpacas for Fox guards? I've lost heaps of birds lately so no one has been going out and they are eating their weight in gold atm.
Thanks fancy for the bathing tips, I'll get my daughter to take some humiliating photos of them while I'm washing them!

My SIL runs sheep at rylstone in NSW. She runs alpaca with them. She says that it has definately reduced her losses. The other SIL is on a large property outside Oberon, I know they spend a lot of time shooting foxes. Lucky we don't have any in Tassie.

So sorry to hear about your little lamb, Chook.
hugs.gif
Hopefully you can get a replacement budgie. They are one of my favourite bird, such cheeky little characters.

Your eggs though!!!
love.gif
droolin.gif
If you don't get a prize for them, there's something wrong! With all the hard work and dedication you've put in.

I've heard of alpacas being quite good guard animals for flocks of sheep and goats. I believe donkeys do the same thing as well.

Oooooh a donkey would be awesome. Thanks kspot :) I am slightly obsessed. Choosing eggs that look the same with no imperfections is impossible! I'm glad today is the last day I will be inspecting them like I have ocd, I was getting really nervous a few weeks back that I'd have nothing to show but the girls are finally getting back into the swing of things. I've been getting some amazing shades from the pullet pen. Two of the dark olive egger girls eggs are significantly darker than their mummy's eggs :)

Back
Top Bottom