Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I am tempted to go out there myself (all that way.lol.). Is that 3k just spent on chickens or do they have other livestock?

Well I have been told Australia does have a standard for Yoko's, it's just very limited and there is a lot of room for difference.

I'm not questioning whether or not there is a SOP for them in Aus, just saying that the standard in the US is relatively recent.

Quote:
Yes well I think Yokos are about as rare over in the US as here in Aus. They are more fond of their Sumatra I think.lol.
Thanks for the information
smile.png

Do you have the Australian SOP book?

Last edited:
those links are awesome fancychooklady!
thx for the help about my roo.
congrats chookpatch, fun times!
cheers,
cooper

Hi all I have a sick chicken. She laid her second egg, and then I checked on her later and she was sitting looking lathargic and not interested in joining the flock. I let her free range and she went and hid behind the coop. I have bought her inside put her in a dry warm spot in a box with some hay fresh water and left her alone for the night as it's pretty cold here during the night. I thought I was doing the right thing I added apple cider vinegar and garlic to the water and layed hydrated lime to the floor off the coup (this was the advise of the produce seller) the other chooks seem fine?? So I'm unaware of why she is not well. I regret laying the lime now!! After reading conflicting views on it..

it could be a coincidence???

That's the only sign just that she is sitting down and not really looking interested in grazing like the other girls and then finding a place to hide! She's usually the first one running out of the pen when I open it up
She didn't eat much like she usually does (especially those sunflower seeds) so I've bought some extra just to add In her food.
Hope she will pick up soon

Hi all I have a sick chicken. She laid her second egg, and then I checked on her later and she was sitting looking lathargic and not interested in joining the flock. I let her free range and she went and hid behind the coop. I have bought her inside put her in a dry warm spot in a box with some hay fresh water and left her alone for the night as it's pretty cold here during the night. I thought I was doing the right thing I added apple cider vinegar and garlic to the water and layed hydrated lime to the floor off the coup (this was the advise of the produce seller) the other chooks seem fine?? So I'm unaware of why she is not well. I regret laying the lime now!! After reading conflicting views on it..

it could be a coincidence???

That's the only sign just that she is sitting down and not really looking interested in grazing like the other girls and then finding a place to hide! She's usually the first one running out of the pen when I open it up
She didn't eat much like she usually does (especially those sunflower seeds) so I've bought some extra just to add In her food.
Hope she will pick up soon

When was the last time you wormed her? If she is laying then she won't be egg bound , but I would slow down on the sunflower seeds as too much can lead to crop impaction. Now that you have her quarantined have a good look at her poop and feel her crop in the morning , to check that it is emptying. Examine her vent area and give her the once over for lice/ mites.

Back
Top Bottom