Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

i have a quick question that i'm hoping that someone could help me with, I had 3 roosters that i raised from chicks and 2 older Isabrowns about 3 years old. I sold the boys off yesterday and ever since the last one went one of the girls has gone quite and weird. She doesn't come running up to the gate like she normally does all though the other one did. is it posable for a chicken to suffer from missing the boys (even though all she did was pick on them most of the time).
TIA

i have a quick question that i'm hoping that someone could help me with, I had 3 roosters that i raised from chicks and 2 older Isabrowns about 3 years old. I sold the boys off yesterday and ever since the last one went one of the girls has gone quite and weird. She doesn't come running up to the gate like she normally does all though the other one did. is it posable for a chicken to suffer from missing the boys (even though all she did was pick on them most of the time).
TIA

Chickens definately form attachments. One of my older hens died and her roo hasn't been the same since. Then there is always the possibility that she has gone a little quiet because the dynamics of the flock have altered.

@IamSamSam I'm in Sutherland and we always used to have letterboxes go missing. One year they took the big Santa from the front yard and put it in the neighbours bobcat with a 6 pack.

Last edited:
well i just finished sprucing up their run a bit so i hope that helps a bit we will get some more chicks after we get back from holidays. My local breeder has a spash variaty of Australorp that im going to try will put up photos once we get them.:)

well i just finished sprucing up their run a bit so i hope that helps a bit we will get some more chicks after we get back from holidays. My local breeder has a spash variaty of Australorp that im going to try will put up photos once we get them.:)

Interested to see them. Hope to get a splash australorp from the eggs we are going to hatch.

Back
Top Bottom