Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

First one is bluey colour so cute all of the are old English bantams so cute though and one egg is popping so eggsited

We said goodbye to our beautiful ' rusty ' today. The transporter arrived at 6-30 am to take him to Victoria where he will begin the next chapter in his life after racing. After 6 years of loving this boy it has been a long day, up at 4-30 to feed him so that he had enough time to digest his brekky before his journey. It's hard not to get sentimental over such a lovely boy. I won't get much sleep tonight worrying about his journey on the spirit but that's all part and parcel of owning animals.

We said goodbye to our beautiful ' rusty ' today. The transporter arrived at 6-30 am to take him to Victoria where he will begin the next chapter in his life after racing. After 6 years of loving this boy it has been a long day, up at 4-30 to feed him so that he had enough time to digest his brekky before his journey. It's hard not to get sentimental over such a lovely boy. I won't get much sleep tonight worrying about his journey on the spirit but that's all part and parcel of owning animals.

Lovely photo of your beautiful daughter, with Rusty - a most handsome horse. Gorgeous head he has. Hope his trip across Bass Strait was smooth and that his new owners love him and care for him, as much as you obviously have.

Always so sad to say goodbye, but is, as you said, part and parcel of owning animals - especially animals in work / training .... they often have to 'move on'.

If, ( as I am sure you have ), you have chosen new ownership at ' super-excellent ' level, there is little more to worry about - except that you will miss him so much.

Cheers .......

To - - - - tandykins, Fancychooklady, satay and RodneyRooster :

So many stories here about vets and their various attitudes, and the loss of precious much loved pets.

We have excellent vets ( the best, most loved vet. retired from the practice several years back now ) .... and the remainder have excellent attitudes, dealing with animal 'clients' both medically and with their bedside manners for the owners.

Except maybe for the vet who does most of the complicated surgery there. He's a bit like a lot of human meds. surgeons - not much of a communicator.
Another vet is very laid back ... talks a lot about his experiences in vet practice, his own pets etc., and will open a conversation when an animal is approaching the danger list with the words " well now, this doesn't look too flash " ... and then proceed to be upfront in a kindly manner. He doesn't care how many questions I ask, and I ask a lot ( as you can imagine !!
wink.png
).

All anyone can do is love and care for their pets who cannot communicate where their pain is ( cats especially are good at masking pain ) ... but our own instincts, borne of that love and caring, will pretty much be always spot on. Trust your instinct, and your knowledge of your pet - always.

RodneyR .... A big ooops at taking up almost a whole page of posts a few pages back. Trouble is, I cannot get the multi "-" to work properly for me, so when I would like to answer each individually, it all gets a bit rambly - one after the other. ( as well as making small comments in ovations. ) Maybe I should just
duc.gif
!!! .. tee hee. ( not ruddy likely, most might say ).

Busy thread this.

Blessings all ....

Anniebee

Last edited:
We have ........... AN EGG !! A well formed, blue egg from Mindy. A little rough / sand papery at the top, which I am not going to try and find out if it is fragile or not, but I suspect it would be. I am not expecting anything earth shattering, just because she has laid one. Just have to wait and see, I guess - and continue with the calcium for a few weeks or so, as well.

However, I don't for one moment think it was the calcium she had just prior .... that would not have made much difference at this point in time, but I know she was delirious about her special 'chook mix' ... and ate the whole danged lot in one go. You would think I starve them, the way they go at that stuff. But they are never without their layer pellets - ever.

We also have CROWS.
lau.gif
Every time I hear them ( as of two days back - a small 'murder' of them in the back street ) ... I think of Teila, and her lot of evil black *********'s.

Gee thanks Teila, for sending them southbound ... ha ha ha haaaaa.....

First time they have ever congregated around near here. hmmm. I don't much like the sound as it is morose, a morbidly sad sound. Especially on the downward notes !!! I just hope they don't bother the girls too much. Miss Ruby dog couldn't give a hoot.

That's about it for now ...... enjoy the remainder of the week.

Cheers .. .. ..

Last edited:
We have ...........[COLOR=800080]AN  EGG !!  [/COLOR] A well formed, blue egg from Mindy.  A little rough / sand papery at the top, which I am not going to try and find out if it is fragile or not, but I suspect it would be.    I am not expecting anything earth shattering, just because she has laid one.    Just have to wait and see, I guess - and continue with the calcium for a few  weeks or so, as well. 

However, I don't for one moment think it was the calcium she had just prior .... that would not have made much difference at this point in time, but I know she was delirious about her special 'chook mix' ... and ate the whole danged lot in one go.    You would think I starve them, the way they go at that stuff.   But they are never without their layer pellets - ever.   

We also have CROWS. :lau     Every time I hear them ( as of two days back - a small 'murder' of them in the back street ) ... I think of Teila, and her lot of evil black *********'s.   

Gee thanks Teila,  for sending them southbound ... ha ha ha haaaaa.....  

First time they have ever congregated around near here.  hmmm.   I don't much like the sound as it is morose, a morbidly sad sound.   Especially on the downward notes !!!     I just hope they don't bother the girls too much.   Miss Ruby dog couldn't give a hoot.  

That's about it for now ...... enjoy the remainder of the week.  

Cheers .. .. .. 

Congrats on the egg. I'm only getting 1 from the silkie I brought recently at the minute. Hopefully once a get the scaly leg under control in the rest they will resume laying or brooding.

Back
Top Bottom