Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I swear i was in qld and not in tassie but i could see that would be me in Tassie :lol:

Hehe, thought you'd like this.

Just a footnote, the heat melted the new surface on the road up through Vinces Saddle, between here and Hobart. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The interesting thing last year when we hat a bunch of different breed, all the astralorps died of heatstroke and none of the others. It's weird because they had the biggest combs and wattles.

Yeah it is odd seeing as though that breed was originally created by a breeder at the gatton uni which is only 35km from here so you think they would be more heat tolerant. They were the ones i lost in the heat, I have about 7 left that are 7 years old now and still lay and go broody all the time. They have seemed to do ok this last week with the over 40 temps. One more day to go and then they say Saturday is going to be 22c... Might need to bring out the jumper :lau

Last edited:
@chicken-clucky I haven't seen frost in over five years.
Fancy, sorry for your loss. I didn't know it could get that hot in Tassie 48C
ep.gif

This week has been horribly hot. I had all my chook & gardening chores done by 7:30am & was drenched in sweat when I came inside. It's crazy being so hot this early. My ISA brown is struggling with the heat the most. One more day & hopefully she makes it. Bring on the cooler weather!

Hi guys I'm a new member from vic Aus. Was 44c here two days ago, now I'm shivering in a jumper. I have two ducks, one buff silky and one young isa brown/raptor that somehow seems to be top bird.
I've never had ducks before and they sleep in the middle of the lawn regardless of the weather, is that normal?

Hi guys I'm a new member from vic Aus. Was 44c here two days ago, now I'm shivering in a jumper. I have two ducks, one buff silky and one young isa brown/raptor that somehow seems to be top bird.
I've never had ducks before and they sleep in the middle of the lawn regardless of the weather, is that normal?

:welcome

@chicken-clucky
 I haven't seen frost in over five years.
Fancy, sorry for your loss.  I didn't know it could get that hot in Tassie  48C  :eek:

This week has been horribly hot.  I had all my chook & gardening chores done by 7:30am & was drenched in sweat when I came inside.  It's crazy being so hot this early.  My ISA brown is struggling with the heat the most.  One more day & hopefully she makes it.  Bring on the cooler weather!

We get frosts every winter but the ones i hate the most are the black frosts.

Back
Top Bottom