Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

10 baby Orpington hatched late last night. :)

The snakes are out in force this season. Lost my little new pekin baby last night. Hubby has now moved on 7 smaller snakes and 1 larger one. Unfortunately it's part of living in the country. Normally i wont let the girls sit for that reason but a few get by me. Such a shame. On a happier note. Quail babies due on the 10th of feb.

They are adorable Fancy ... love how proud Mumma is  ....  congrats - you are very fortunate to have had such a good 'hatching'. .... 

Cheers - 

Thanks Annie, she is a very good momma. Still 3 eggs not hatched but she is still sitting with them while her little ones scratch around her.
I have just popped 17 eggs under 3 Broodies and hope to have some success with them as they have come all the way from south Australia.
Overnight my 9 year old one eyed Wilkie started hatching her chicks. Just heading out to see how many she has.

Thanks Annie, she is a very good momma. Still 3 eggs not hatched but she is still sitting with them while her little ones scratch around her.
I have just popped 17 eggs under 3 Broodies and hope to have some success with them as they have come all the way from south Australia.
Overnight my 9 year old one eyed Wilkie started hatching her chicks. Just heading out to see how many she has.

Fancy - So many tiny chickies to care for and house. They grow so quickly too. ... .

Wonderful news, and hope all goes well with the expected hatchings and Wilkies' wee ones.

satay ...... so happy to hear that your little Pekin returned home safely, after a chookie mini holiday.... Might have been nice if she'd left a note as to her whereabouts !!
lau.gif

Cheers all -

Back
Top Bottom