Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Good morning folks
frow.gif

Hey Jess Good to hear that Choko is doing better. Congrats on the 1st Place
clap.gif

Yikes Fizzybelle I was thinking yesterday, while trying to keep everyone cool, thank gawd I do not have a broody in the coop, roasting.

You know it is hot when the gals, who do not do ‘get wet’ are deliberately standing in the path of the water coming from the mister.

satay I was thinking of you yesterday and knowing how hot it is for you, told myself to suck it up cos this is nothing!

Yep, hoping that the chance of showers/storms this afternoon brings everyone some welcome relief.

Angela I hope your little one is OK.

Susan how is your little Hamburg doing?

Fancy 9 degrees! Gimmee! Lol
droolin.gif

LuckysMum I heard about the flooding on the news and sadly the loss of life when a man’s ute was washed away when crossing a flooded road
sad.png
Trampolines must just be the right shape for flying. A friend of mind had one picked up by the wind in the back garden, taken over the house and dropped in the front garden.

Last edited:
Good morning folks :frow

Hey Jess Good to hear that Choko is doing better.  Congrats on the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Place :clap

Yikes Fizzybelle I was thinking yesterday, while trying to keep everyone cool, thank gawd I do not have a broody in the coop, roasting.

You know it is hot when the gals, who do not do ‘get wet’ are deliberately standing in the path of the water coming from the mister. 

satay I was thinking of you yesterday and knowing how hot it is for you, told myself to suck it up cos this is nothing!

Yep, hoping that the chance of showers/storms this afternoon brings everyone some welcome relief.

Angela I hope your little one is OK.

Susan how is your little Hamburg doing?

Fancy 9 degrees! Gimmee! Lol :drool

LuckysMum I heard about the flooding on the news and sadly the loss of life when a man’s ute was washed away when crossing a flooded road :(   Trampolines must just be the right shape for flying.  A friend of mind had one picked up by the wind in the back garden, taken over the house and dropped in the front garden.

Lol that's funny Teila. I had a mini meltdown over the heat yesterday and hubby told me to suck it up. Lucky he wasn't close enough to be slapped :lau

Last edited:
I've posted this in the main thread, but I think a lot of people on this site are from America so I thought I'd see if I can find some help here.

I have a hen who's eggs weren't due to hatch until the Wednesday/Thursday that's just past (she started sitting 19 January). Instead the eggs have been hatching, 1 or two a day since last Saturday (4 Feb) with the last one hatching on Tuesday (7 Feb). However she was still sitting on more eggs and being that I wasn't expecting them to hatch until the Thursday or so, I left them under her. Yesterday I candled them and found movement in 2 eggs. Today one has pipped and is chirping away from inside the egg.
My question is, will this little one be okay with the others? A few will be a whole week older than it. And my Mumma hen doesn't really sit anymore as she's two busy scratching around with the other chicks. I do have another hen who's chicks hatched (on time, all pretty much at once) on Thursday. Or should I just keep it seperate at the moment?

There is a good chance that a chick hatching that late after the others will be left behind by the hen, so you need to keep an eye on it. If it makes it to 5 days out of the shell it will be fine after that.

There is a good chance that a chick hatching that late after the others will be left behind by the hen, so you need to keep an eye on it. If it makes it to 5 days out of the shell it will be fine after that.

I put the wee one with the hen who's chicks hatched later. At the moment, she seems content to sit with it while the bigger chicks scratch and peck around her. I'm hoping it stays that way! Keeping a very close eye on it though

I came home from school today and found Choko couldn't move her right leg. I don't know if it is from the paralysis tick or if she DOES have mareks but i will be taking my dog to the vet in half an hour and will ask them about what i should do to her. She looked like she was getting better this morning :(

I came home from school today and found Choko couldn't move her right leg. I don't know if it is from the paralysis tick or if she DOES have mareks but i will be taking my dog to the vet in half an hour and will ask them about what i should do to her. She looked like she was getting better this morning
sad.png

Good luck .. I do hope she is OK
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom