Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Good morning folks  :frow

satay lol at your sheds, sounds like our hubby’s are similar in that regard.

sjturner79 Yikes, sounds like your little ones are growing up quick!

No news from here really.  Junk, uuum, sorry, stuff! is still disappearing in bits n’ pieces from under the carport whenever someone pops over.  The timber for the coop and run arrived in Forrest Beach yesterday afternoon so, no doubt, construction will commence today.  Son has an inspection booked this afternoon at an apartment in a building he has been looking at for a while now, so fingers crossed that he likes it.

I think they might be. Hope your son has luck with his new apartment. I would hate to think of how much it would cost to rent an apartment in brisbane now.

I think they might be. Hope your son has luck with his new apartment. I would hate to think of how much it would cost to rent an apartment in brisbane now.

Yeah, it is scary stuff! His mortgage repayments and body corporate fees work out to be less than what the actual rent is on that apartment! But, they still get rented. He has had trouble finding one in this building that does not have a long term tenant which is no good for him because he wants to live in it. The one he is looking at today, tenancy expires at the end of this month
fl.gif

Good morning folks  :frow

satay lol at your sheds, sounds like our hubby’s are similar in that regard.

sjturner79 Yikes, sounds like your little ones are growing up quick!

No news from here really.  Junk, uuum, sorry, stuff! is still disappearing in bits n’ pieces from under the carport whenever someone pops over.  The timber for the coop and run arrived in Forrest Beach yesterday afternoon so, no doubt, construction will commence today.  Son has an inspection booked this afternoon at an apartment in a building he has been looking at for a while now, so fingers crossed that he likes it.

Good to hear the move is well in progress.
I hope your son gets the apartment he wants
I was actually slightly surprised as how long it took these boys to find voice. They were scheduled for freezing a week ago, but were still too small, so they got a reprieve until the auction. If the noise gets more ch louder though they will have to be done for freezing as the neighbors will start to get annoyed

Hi WillGriffin03 - .... guess you have been visiting here for a few years, but have never seen any of your posts - however - nice to meet you.

Teila - ref :

Junk, uuum, sorry, stuff! is still disappearing in bits n’ pieces from under the carport whenever someone pops over.

Amazing how one mans trash is anothers' treasure. The Yarra Ranges Shire does not look at all kindly on people grabbing stuff from 'hard collection' ( which incidentally is this week for collection ) ... but apparently no-one takes any notice of that anymore. Used to be a furtive night time manouvre, but now - it's day time and anything is ok to grab, no matter who witnesses the 'lifting' of hard trash. They all just hope the Shire Council don't catch them. !!!
wink.png

I have grabbed rolls of wire ( good stuff ) from a dump of hard collection, in the past - and it came in very handy. Have never taken any furniture though. I think these 'heists' show a lot about our country, our economy and our jobs status these days ... that so many take what they believe are useful, so's they don't have to spend much money on new things. Sad to say.

As for specially kept 'junk' - hubby is the one to get rid of things - no quarter given .... I am the hoarder ???
hide.gif

Cheers all ......

Morning everyone. Well yesterday i had the day from hell. We copped the full impact of the storm that hit esk. Never been so scared in my life. About 9.30am the sky went from day to midnight in about 30 seconds flat. Then all hell broke loose. I end up huddled in the hallway with thor and the cat for 20mins. The winds were like nothing i have ever seen in my life. The windows almost blew in. We had golf ball sized hail. Once it finally stopped i went out and by some miracle nothing had hit the house but we have 50 odd gum trees down Some how my Belgians survived a gum tree taking out both of their houses. My neigbour above had here huge carport torn off and mangled. Lost my clothes line and all of my banana plants. Looks like the storm trashed just our estate here as the rest of esk got only light rain. I'll post some pictures when get a chance.

Aaaw gees satay I was thinking about you yesterday when we were getting reports of the storm and when I saw some footage from Esk on HSC while watching the thing head our way on the BOM. It looked nasty but had fizzled out a bit by the time it hit us. However, I did lock the girls in the run until it had passed, just in case.

Anyways, I was hoping you would get some rain but definitely not what you did get. I am pleased you are OK and your Belgians also. Sorry to hear about the damage though
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom