Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

So I noticed this morning that one of my Mumma Hens is squeaking when she breathes! She's wondering around, pecking and eating normally though. Her chickies seem okay as do all the other chickens... Anyone have any idea what it might be? I'm thinking I should seperate her from her babies but I really hate the thought of that! But I don't want them to get sick either if it could be contagious. I have some stuff to treat respiratory infections so wondering if I should try that...

So I noticed this morning that one of my Mumma Hens is squeaking when she breathes! She's wondering around, pecking and eating normally though. Her chickies seem okay as do all the other chickens... Anyone have any idea what it might be? I'm thinking I should seperate her from her babies but I really hate the thought of that! But I don't want them to get sick either if it could be contagious. I have some stuff to treat respiratory infections so wondering if I should try that...

Check her nostrils are clear and no discharge

Giving medication in water will give chicks access. Wheezing is usually respiratory infection - check nothing is caught in her throats and dose her directly. I'd use a half dose if no discharge is present.

Good morning folks :frow

Sam love the weather pics!  I too have a coop full of freeloaders, no eggs except those purchased from the supermarket

Thanks we have been getting horrid wearher. And have store bought eggs grrrrr my homemade mayo tastes different
1f602.png

Hi everyone, Been busy though lucky for us its the normal stuff not storm clean up. I hope everyone has managed to clean up and relax a bit this weekend.
Teila Your new coop looks great. My fingers are crossed that everything goes to plan and you and hubby can be back in the same house again.
I hope everyone (human, feathered and furred) is fit and healthy and having a great Easter.
smile.png

So excited I just had to share! Check out the size of this thing! They had some tree loppers on site so to keep Jessie safe they popped her into the now partially wired run. Now, factoring in that Jessie is your average sized border collie and we only have 5 x bantams :eek: I might have to get more chickens! ;) lol
Oh I love the coop! We are in the process of expanding mine and I'm thinking sand for the floor.

Happy Easter Everyone!

My araucana hen Mabel welcomed in the holiday by crowing five times before I could get downstairs this morning. I'm sure everyone appreciated it Mabel.

Back
Top Bottom