Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I've just been given 4 dozen duck eggs to hatch. After I said never again the 3 ducklings I have a so mucky. I seem to be cleaning up after them all them time. The little silkies are so clean compared. The lady I got all the eggs from is not sure of the breeds but there are call ducks and lots of other pure bred ducks. So it will be a lucky dip. :lau
Yeah I've raised ducklings with chicks and the ducks outgrow the chicks in the first few weeks. They foul the water and poop like there is no tomorrow. I have native baby ducklings on the lawn and that's where I like them. :lau
My eggs from Adelaide are due to hatch today.

Good luck with the hatch. Can't wait to see the pictures.
I'm going to put the silkies in a bigger pen today so I'll post pics. They are a good size and looking beautiful.
The lady I got the eggs from has a stock feed shop my son works there. A customer bought the eggs in for her because she was looking for call ducks. She didn't want to waste them so she gave them to me. :thI have them in 2 incubators at the moment. I only put down 46, 2 were dirty and I'm not doing that again. It will be exciting to see what I get. The stock feed lady thinks I have Ancona and call ducks for sure. There were green eggs, long ones and chicken egg sized ones. My grand kids were so excited when I told them how many I had. Me not so much. We have caged trailer I thinking of using that as a brooding box in the carport. I can just hose it out when I'm done. I can sell them at the stock feed place when they are ready. But I'm not sure how quickly I will know what breed they are. I'm guessing I will have to wait till they a feathered. :)

On another note is anyone else having problems with the site freezing, not responding and not letting me type very quickly. I must say I am not a fan of the new set up.:barnie

I've just been given 4 dozen duck eggs to hatch. After I said never again the 3 ducklings I have a so mucky. I seem to be cleaning up after them all them time. The little silkies are so clean compared. The lady I got all the eggs from is not sure of the breeds but there are call ducks and lots of other pure bred ducks. So it will be a lucky dip. :lau
Good luck with them. Ducks can be really messy but are so worth it.

Yeah I've raised ducklings with chicks and the ducks outgrow the chicks in the first few weeks. They foul the water and poop like there is no tomorrow. I have native baby ducklings on the lawn and that's where I like them. :lau
My eggs from Adelaide are due to hatch today.
I have 2 pairs of woodies that come for a visit most afternoons. I just love them. They chatter a way to me while i throw them a little grain.

Good luck with the hatch. Can't wait to see the pictures.
I'm going to put the silkies in a bigger pen today so I'll post pics. They are a good size and looking beautiful.
The lady I got the eggs from has a stock feed shop my son works there. A customer bought the eggs in for her because she was looking for call ducks. She didn't want to waste them so she gave them to me. :thI have them in 2 incubators at the moment. I only put down 46, 2 were dirty and I'm not doing that again. It will be exciting to see what I get. The stock feed lady thinks I have Ancona and call ducks for sure. There were green eggs, long ones and chicken egg sized ones. My grand kids were so excited when I told them how many I had. Me not so much. We have caged trailer I thinking of using that as a brooding box in the carport. I can just hose it out when I'm done. I can sell them at the stock feed place when they are ready. But I'm not sure how quickly I will know what breed they are. I'm guessing I will have to wait till they a feathered. :)

On another note is anyone else having problems with the site freezing, not responding and not letting me type very quickly. I must say I am not a fan of the new set up.:barnie
Good luck if they all hatch you are going to be busy. Small eggs could be Indian runners. I had them and their eggs were about the size of a chicken egg.
Haven't had to many problems with the site freezing but I am not a fan of this format either.

Back
Top Bottom