Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi All,
I am in Melbourne and have returned to hatching chickens to keep sane during lockdown - didn’t know lockdown would last so long. On to my third incubation. I incubated and kept chickens when growing up but only just returning as an adult. Just hatched backyard mixes to start with but looking to try some heritage breeds now I am back in the swing of it. Only incubating very small numbers. Have already learnt a heap from reading this thread - thank you
Perfect lockdown thing to do i would think :)

We have finally had a lovely 110ml of rain this week. Some wild storms in the mix too all over se qld but thankfully we have been ok.
There have been some nasty storms! Devastating seeing crops wiped out only afew hundred kms away. Fingers crossed ours stay strong and we can get some grain back in storage

There have been some nasty storms! Devastating seeing crops wiped out only afew hundred kms away. Fingers crossed ours stay strong and we can get some grain back in storage
My fingers are crossed for you. Australia doesn’t appear to have a happy medium anymore. It is either drought or storms and floods. Really hoping you get a great load of grain in

I am candling my latest lockdown incubation tonight - day 7. The interesting thing is that with lockdown restrictions easing slightly in Victoria I don’t want to stop incubating!!! I am enjoying it and the new arrivals so much!!! I think this activity will continue. Unfortunately being in the city I can’t keep a rooster and incubate my own eggs. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy

Back
Top Bottom