Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Haha... oh dear. Are they big enough for tags? If you're worried about them growing and making the tags tight, maybe for those three, you could clip one feather on the left wing for one of them, the right wing for another, and no clipped feathers for the third one?

:lau

Well.. I stared at the 3 for a good 10 minutes yesterday afternoon.. and I think I've narrowed it down to 2 pullets now as one of the 3 has a black tail feather.. yup!... just a single black feather :D... I'll get larger tags so it won't hurt them.. I don't think they'll get very much bigger as they'll be laying in a month's time....:p

I've been hunting fertile Silkie eggs but can't get any till a week or more. Anyone here know someone with fertile eggs ready to express post to Tassie on Monday?
My 10 yr old Chickaletta has been sitting on her own eggs for a week but I candled today and none were fertile 😩 I don't want her sitting on nothing so I'll probably have to break the poor girl if I can't get eggs ☹️
Thanks!
IMG_20220312_143049.jpg

I've been hunting fertile Silkie eggs but can't get any till a week or more. Anyone here know someone with fertile eggs ready to express post to Tassie on Monday?
My 10 yr old Chickaletta has been sitting on her own eggs for a week but I candled today and none were fertile 😩 I don't want her sitting on nothing so I'll probably have to break the poor girl if I can't get eggs ☹️
Thanks!
View attachment 3028486
Wow, what a great age for a chook! Sorry, I don't have a rooster but I wish you luck.

Thanks!
View attachment 3028486

:wee
Yes!!!! I found someone on Gumtree willing to express post me eggs on Tuesday!! So egg-citing!! Possible paint and buffs in the mix!

Great news!

Has she hatched eggs before?
For sure she has!! She's over 10 yrs old now and raises at least 2 clutches a year, more if I'd let her! Best mumma ever! Just wish her eggs were fertile because she has Never had any diseases sickness or problems in her life!! I have kept quite a few of her offspring and one of her 2 yr old daughters is just like her and even looks like her too! 😍

Hi fellow Ozzies,

I am at Gosford on the NSW Central Coast
Have 2 stunning roos I hatched from blue eggs
18 weeks old
Will make beautiful babaies with right hens
Selling but only to good homes
Very tame
Hand raised
Free range all day and locked up at night with the hens

Attachments

• 20220327_171324.jpg
    20220327_171324.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20220327_172721.jpg
    20220327_172721.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 2
Hi fellow Ozzies,

I am at Gosford on the NSW Central Coast
Have 2 stunning roos I hatched from blue eggs
18 weeks old
Will make beautiful babaies with right hens
Selling but only to good homes
Very tame
Hand raised
Free range all day and locked up at night with the hens
They're really handsome! Good luck finding a buyer. I'm in the suburbs and can't keep roosters or I'd be very interested.

Back
Top Bottom