Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

@Orpingtonsgalore ive entered and won many and placed many… my best win was reserved champion for true bantam and best of breed Japanese bantam…
My walls are covered with all place cards and my sashes are hung up proudly in the lounge room… can I suggest tho that you get your hands on a copy of the Australian standards book… if not sure where to find it just send me a pm… if you can’t afford it that’s all good there’s a open Australian standards website thats just as good and free… pm me and I’ll send you the link…
I also suggest that you start off in entering your local agi shows 1st before entering the big club shows…
It’s a great way to learn how to prep your birds and. Get them used to the pens etc and how to train your self with the nerves lol 😂

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 2
@Poultry mum , quick question for you. How do I go about learning how new varieties are added to the standard? I am on a research path for my up coming breeding project, and that is one of the thing I would like to learn about. I could only find something about the American standard.

No might about it they are definitely boys!
It’s the boys like that I tend to keep.. the weird looking ones that no one else wants ….

Well I’m trying something new … I’ve grabbed my semi broody girl popped her in a box and given her some eggs… I’m going to try and see if I get a better hatch from her than. My incubators that seem to keep failing me at the last minute.. moved my duck eggs over only to find one piped duckling DIS and one semi piped duckling that doesn’t look like it’s going to make it… so I’ll try the old fashioned way but I’ll keep her inside where I can keep her and the eggs safe from kelpie x and my GSD and keep her safe from the muscovy girls who have a habit of stealing eggs… not always for hatching themselves…
Too bad we don't live nearer to each other @Poultry mum as I could help incubate some of your eggs to troubleshoot ...I've been getting 80% hatch rates even though it's a DIY incubator! 😂

Too bad we don't live nearer to each other @Poultry mum as I could help incubate some of your eggs to troubleshoot ...I've been getting 80% hatch rates even though it's a DIY incubator! 😂
You've just got my wheels turning! @Poultry mum if this is something you'd be interested I am more than interesting in hatching some eggs for you! With out saying where I live, we're close enough to either drive to each other or meet halfway!
But I will admit I cant say whether my incubator will do just as well this time as it did last time.

You've just got my wheels turning! @Poultry mum if this is something you'd be interested I am more than interesting in hatching some eggs for you! With out saying where I live, we're close enough to either drive to each other or meet halfway!
But I will admit I cant say whether my incubator will do just as well this time as it did last time.
Send me a private message… we should talk..

I know right… I’ve resorted to putting a hen in one of my spare rooster Boxes to sit on about 5 eggs for me to see if it’s the incubator (s) or me or the flock it’s self… 🤣🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom