Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi everyone. Desperate last-ditch attempt at stay of execution but could anyone rehome two young roosters in south east NSW? Someone has complained to our council and we have to get rid of them in a week or so. We’re two hours south of Sydney.

Hi everyone. Desperate last-ditch attempt at stay of execution but could anyone rehome two young roosters in south east NSW? Someone has complained to our council and we have to get rid of them in a week or so. We’re two hours south of Sydney.
Good luck Loz :fl hoping a kind soul who likes frizzles will home them :fl

I have Mareks in my flock, although it doesn't see like a very strong strain of it.
If you wanted to risk it, I could try giving them a home, and at least that way they would have a longer life, and if the worst came to the worst I would humanly put them down.
I mean, there is a good chance they would never get sick from it.....but then again they could.
I don't normally keep pet chickens so much, but I could squeeze them in if the rest of the family agreed, and depending on just where you are located.
Any thoughts?

I have Mareks in my flock, although it doesn't see like a very strong strain of it.
If you wanted to risk it, I could try giving them a home, and at least that way they would have a longer life, and if the worst came to the worst I would humanly put them down.
I mean, there is a good chance they would never get sick from it.....but then again they could.
I don't normally keep pet chickens so much, but I could squeeze them in if the rest of the family agreed, and depending on just where you are located.
Any thoughts?
Hey Sussex19, thank you so much for your response. I think it would be worth the risk if your family agrees to it, as otherwise they will be dead in the next week. And if you needed to euthanise them, then so be it; at least we tried. They’re our pets but they’re not cuddly, they always stay an arm’s length away from us, but they’re not aggressive. I think they will be about one year old in August. They were named Giselle and Bella, and have been renamed G-man and Bela. G-man is a standard and Bela is a frizzle bantam. I have attached a few pictures.

We are just south of Wollongong so it sounds like you might be an hour or so away, if your handle is any indication.

F39792CF-AD03-4E6D-8778-9E06D129CC21.jpeg

CA52DF3E-9065-4B97-A392-57C602DA96F3.jpeg

AC622EBC-6BCC-492A-9B39-C8C4A0F52FE7.jpeg

AFBED168-91FE-48A6-9C96-0D8F0C5A05FE.jpeg

Hey Sussex19, thank you so much for your response. I think it would be worth the risk if your family agrees to it, as otherwise they will be dead in the next week. And if you needed to euthanise them, then so be it; at least we tried. They’re our pets but they’re not cuddly, they always stay an arm’s length away from us, but they’re not aggressive. I think they will be about one year old in August. They were named Giselle and Bella, and have been renamed G-man and Bela. G-man is a standard and Bela is a frizzle bantam. I have attached a few pictures.

We are just south of Wollongong so it sounds like you might be an hour or so away, if your handle is any indication.

View attachment 3567640

View attachment 3567641

View attachment 3567642

View attachment 3567643
They are stunning!
I'll send you a PM

Any thoughts?
Good on ya!

Back
Top Bottom