Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Pics
The banner is very nice. They have done wonderful job for you! Gee.. I wish I had a suprise like that cute little duckling when I came home from work! All I came home to was a sick calf!

sad.png
Hope its nothing too serious with calf.

Anyone want some rain??? I have had enough here now any will gladly send some someone elses way for the remainder of the weekend.

Two ducklings out now- four more eggs to go for this weekends hatch. I will post some pics once they are all done hatching- but I dont expect the late to hatch until late tomorrow since the little one is trying to make its escape from the wrong end of the egg.

duckyfromoz... We will take your rain! We ran out of water last week!! (First year living here.. first year on tank water... learning curve!). We had about 6ml of rain last night but i'll take more!!! & good luck with the remaining hatches! Can't wait to see the pics of your babies.

Unfortunately we lost the calf over night. I first noticed he was VERY unwell on Thursday morning. We tried everything to keep him going and it looked like it was working for a while. Penicillin, electrolytes, Yoghurt... Don't know what killed him and it's not economical to get a vet to do an autopsy. Although, as sick as it sounds, I wouldn't mind opening him up and having a look at his stomach lining & intestines
sickbyc.gif
(used to work at a large animal vet and spent plenty of time at the local knackery).

The other 3 that were living with him are as happy and healthy as can be. Some live and some die I suppose! We need some more cattle to hurry & grow up though and start eating our grass... We are a fire hazard at the moment!!!!!!!

thanks for the nice words guys! We haven't raised many calves & it's the first one that has ever been sick, let alone died. As I said to my hubby last night, he was worth the money we paid for him just for the experience & knowledge we have gained!

Lets hope someone has some good news today! Like some more duckies hatching or something cute!!

Back
Top Bottom