Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Glad to see Lonely's doing well! She's very cute.
tongue.png

Hi all. Have had good day so far! Went to fun day at my dog club and bought a 4ft by 4ft dog crate so I can set that up on a green section of yard while I work nearby n put my 8 chooks in there to mow it for me. Did it yesterday with smaller crate I already have (fewer chooks) and if new one is too crowded will just use both. Just for hour or so at time so they get green pick n theyre enclosed n safe. Old crate has big holes in bottom n new crate has no bottom. Will put in hanging water n cover with sheet for sun. Almost a chicken tractor but nicer n way cheaper than any I've seen

Still thinking leg rings or cable ties to tell apart from distance.

Thanks Satay. Is good to know I can give em Bran n pollard all year round. Get a 25kg bag for $25 n only use scoop n a half a day. Is millrun about the same price?. My girls go mad on it. Once put down the bran mix instead of shell grit (wasn't awake yet n went to wrong container). They almost had a stampede for the stuff DRY!

CM - getting better with the id but still have to be close to tell em apart. Thinking one leg ring or even two if run out of colours! If two fit or one leg vs ring on both legs

Guinea so glad to see a picture of Lonely n the slash - has she got a name? Was going to ask on the other post but it seems were all here now lol

Christie is the hen with exploding eggs looking like she's getting over it? Poor love.

Have a great day everyone!! Finally some extra beautiful weather!

Last edited:
Now, can I come in with my good news! I've just had my faith in human beings restored. Bought a dozen Malay eggs from a lady in Qld and knew that I was taking a chance,but willing to do so. Sadly only one chicken made it,and I wrote to tell the lady,not because I wanted anything,but because I thought she might like to know. To cut a long story short,I had an e mail from her this evening sayiang that a friend of hers was coming to Tassie and would bring 4 x 3 week old Malay chickens for me with her! I am so stunned! And so happy,I've had an awful week what with my beautiful Dyna dying,and this lady does something lovely liek this. I jumped on the thread to tell everyone,but had to wait until everything had settled down. And I'll vouch for Ducky not being a horrible person,she has done some prety nice things for me too .
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom