Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Yes, yes it has. I want a copy too but I'm not sending money anywhere till I hear people have actual, real, in-their-hand copies. I'm sure it's been 'coming out soon' for a couple of years now... :idunno

I just want the Dorking standard, seriously thinking I should just have someone photocopy or scan the old one so I can read it instead of waiting for it to come out.

The second edition of the Australian Poultry Standards.

I do know one of the men on the committee that is behind the publishing of the book. Most of these people have full time jobs, and the book is not something they will have any financial gain from- this is not some romance novel- and a lot of research and correlation of information from a variety of club around the country has been needed. Yes its taking a while, but it will be worth the extra wait to get a better quality book in the end.

Thanks Ducky for the clarification, keep me posted

Cheers
yippiechickie.gif

Oh Guinea, he looks absolutely gorgeous
love.gif
Makes you want to have one too. His face looks a bit like a scotty if you know what I mean. Other than my other chickens and worms, I have to stop. I can understand that you can't wait. All the very best with this little one when you get him. Let us all know what you will name him.

The second edition of the Australian Poultry Standards.

I do know one of the men on the committee that is behind the publishing of the book.  Most of these people have full time jobs, and the book is not something they will have any financial gain from-  this is not some romance novel- and a lot of research and correlation of information from a variety of club around the country has been needed.          Yes its taking a while, but it will be worth the extra wait to get a better quality book in the end. 

Yes, I know they are busy and aren't making any money out of it, I understand that. I guess I'm just cranky as I passed up an opportunity to buy the first edition back when I first got back into chooks because I thought the new one was coming out soon. I'm wishing I just bought it then because I still haven't got a copy of the standards for my favorite breeds. :(

That's a super cute ball of fluff Guinea! :D

Last edited:
Dont get me wrong...I am getting impatient waiting too...having just bought a new colour of runners I am really wanting to see the book as soon as possible to know what i am looking for in these little ones. I bought 5 but wont be keeping them all so need to know exactly how to choose for the best markings. At least they are still small now- I have some time- but really hope this is the last of the set backs.

Back
Top Bottom