Australorp eggs/chicks--does anyone have any for sell?

madornato

In the Brooder
10 Years
Sep 2, 2009
Newnan, GA
Hi. Is it too late in the year to start a coop with chicks? We live in Georgia. If it's not too late, does anyone know where we can get some fertilized Australorp eggs or Australorp chicks? Thanks so very much.

Last edited:
I have almost 2 dozen black australorps that I can send for fifteen dollars, six are a little older but that is why I will send less expensive. I really want to know the hatch rate, I have a hatch with another BYCer to find out.

If you want I can send them out tomorrow.

Cheri

Does the price include shipping and handling? How would I get you your money? If you send them out tomorrow (Thursday) or Friday, when should I expect them? Also, when do you anticipate them hatching? Please just let me know.

Thanks.

What part of Georgia are you located. If you can pickup I have 5BA chicks just across the line in NC. Just hatched, one trying to get out of the shell, and one I dont know yet. $2 each. I also have eggs. Fertility's been good so far, over 90% hatch rate. $1 each.

Pickup only.

As for being to late. Chicks hatching now should start laying in about 20-22 weeks. This would put you somewhere around the end of Jan to start seeing eggs. With the shorter days, it might be a week or two longer. After about 6wks of laying, and provided you endup with a good fertile Rooster, you can start hatching your own eggs. Some will set sooner, but I rather wait and not hatch such young pullet eggs. Incubate and in 21 more days and you will have your own chicks from your own flock. That will be around April 1st. Of course this is plus or minus a few billion years, but spring chicks raise good, need less electric heat and have plenty of food sources if free ranged. I think now is an excellent time to start with young chicks.

Correction, while I was typeing this, one more chick made it out of its shell so, I now have 6 BA chicks out of a possible 7.

What part of Georgia are you in? I am in Southeast Alabama (near Dothan) and we have fertile Australorp eggs and some chicks that are about a week old (and more hatching any day now.) We have had about a 90% hatch rate so far with our eggs, but of course they are laid here and hatched here without going through the mail. I have never mailed eggs, but if you live close by we might could meet up and sell you some eggs or chicks. We could try mailing them if you can't get them any other way.

HI, family in Dothan area. I tried to e-mail you from the forum--I don't know if I did it correctly. I am new to BYC. I will be in Greenville over the Labor Day weekend. How far is that from you? Also, how much are you selling your chicks for? Can you tell rooster from hen in the chick stage We are hoping to get 5-6 hens and 1 rooster--ideally. Please call me: (404) 783-7283 (cell).

Thanks, Melissa

Back
Top Bottom