Australorps breed Thread

I didn't buy him from him. It's a hatchery bird that I purchased at rural King. But i found a chicken farmer that raises chickens to sell cage free eggs that is willing to take him and his brother a silver laced whyandotte as a favor. And if you're asking, yes I'm that unlucky. purchased 3 chicks in a bin marked pullets amd only got one female, the golden laced whyandotte.

So... hmm.... what hatchery does Rural King get their chicks from... because that is bad luck! Don't got to vegas anytime soon.
tongue.png

So... hmm.... what hatchery does Rural King get their chicks from... because that is bad luck!  Don't got to vegas anytime soon.  :p
The lady that sold them to me said that they're using a new hatchery from Tennessee I don't remember the name of it, and they've had problems with it. But it was too late for me they would not take them back. Don't worry I don't intend on going to Vegas anytime soon.

Yes only one hen. The black Australorp and the Silverlace whyandotte are bothe roosters. This is my only hen.
But ad you can see in the background i got 2 more silverlaced whyandotte pullets that are known 2 weeks old
i am gradually going to introduce them with my 6 week olds and than give up my roosters to a local farmer.

Hey Bruce,
There are some BBS Aussie in there!
hide.gif
lau.gif

I didn't mean you couldn't/shouldn't post the picture here but that you could expand your horizons and post it over there as well!

There are people like me who don't have any Ameraucana (but might like to someday) to owners, serious breeders AND people who actually developed the breed. And they are kindly, yet instructive, to the many people who post pictures of their big commercial hatchery and feed/farm store 'Ameraucana', 'Americana' and 'Araucana' birds. It would be SO nice if those big hatcheries would stop selling EEs under the names (or intentionally misleading misspelling of same) of APA breed birds and call them what they are: lovely chickens that likely will lay blue or green eggs, ie Easter Eggers.

Back
Top Bottom