Australorps breed Thread

@Geoff. I'm pleased to see that you can take a bit of 'rough-housing' without picking up your skirt and running for cover.

My complements.

RON

Ron,
I'm too old to run and not prone to wearing skirts!
smile.png
No problem, mate.
Cheers Geoff

I wish I had had the money to order books from him. It's been a rough year financially. I miss Ross' knowledge and am trying to get my hands on as much info as possible as I start my breeding program. Any idea if he'll continue to make these books available to us?
I emailed Ross and orderd his booklets a couple of weeks ago. He's a wealth of knowledge with respect to poultry in general and specifically this breed. I'm hoping they arrive in the near future!

Last edited:
Is it safe for a total newby, heritage breeder wannabe, with hatchery chicks to come out now?
hide.gif

I will take some pictures of my Cackle Australorps today, they are going on 4 years old. I will also get a picture of my Hupp Blue Australorp that is trying to hatch Golf Balls!

I am going to give her some chicks that are hatching tonight to break her.

Last edited:
Wow, just reading back a bit as I've been busy. Open forums are no place for slinging wet noodles. There are a lot of different conversations going on and you can join in if you want. I like everyone or ignore them, what ever. I would like to see more discussion on the breed standards, but do like to see the developement of everyone's flock. It's nice to see excitement on new arrivals even though it can happen several thousand times a year worldwide. I like the fact that this is an open gathering place with commonality, not an exclusive club.
Trevor

Wow, just reading back a bit as I've been busy. Open forums are no place for slinging wet noodles. There are a lot of different conversations going on and you can join in if you want. I like everyone or ignore them, what ever. I would like to see more discussion on the breed standards, but do like to see the developement of everyone's flock. It's nice to see excitement on new arrivals even though it can happen several thousand times a year worldwide. I like the fact that this is an open gathering place with commonality, not an exclusive club.
Trevor
Amen, Trevor....amen.
yesss.gif

Back
Top Bottom